The best Mustang to buy with $23,000

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Ok, so my buddy is commissioning into the air force and is going to be a pilot. He was going to buy an 06 6 cylinder because of its good gas mielage and its looks, but I am trying to talk him out of it. Personally, I think getting a V8 is so much more worth it and with that kind of money, he can get a really sick stang. I was going to try to find either an 03 cobra, 01-04 GT Saleen clone or a used 05 that someone is selling. The only limitations are that it must be in the Vermont, Mass, East NY state, or North Jersey east PA region and an automatic. What do you all think, do you know any for sale, and what would get the best mileage?

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yea, the difference in milegae is worth the fun of a cobra.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
The kid is retarded though, he wants to buy a new V6 from the dealer just so he knows that its new. WTF, whats wrong with a used 05-06 6banger? Well, he's the one getting raped, not me. The only car I would ever buy new would be that new challenger possibly, and even then I might wait and buy used. I hate dealerships, they always try to rip you off. My dad was looking at a trade in 96 vert stang at the dealership, rusted out exhaust, purple painted panels in the interior, 115K miles, in need of new paint...and the guys wanted 10K for it, it was in rough to ok condition. I don't know how I lucked out with my car though (which I got from a used car lot), I guess the Big Guy decided that it was just my time to own a mustang. Did a little bit of haggling myself for it.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would have to vote cobra (its not a biased opinion.............no really ::)) You can get a 96 or 97 model pretty cheap these days, and just to boot with the small cubes the gas milage is pretty decent.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
I would have to vote cobra (its not a biased opinion.............no really ::)) You can get a 96 or 97 model pretty cheap these days, and just to boot with the small cubes the gas milage is pretty decent.
Yup, hell you can get a built and blown gt for around 15,000.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94gtstang50 said:
Snakebit said:
Yup, hell you can get a built and blown gt for around 15,000.

true, true, with 15 to 23 grand you can buy or build just about anything you want. ;)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Outlaw97GT said:
03 or 04 Mach 1

Thats what I would get.

that would be right at the 23k mark (it is here anyway.......damn those cars hold their values) but a good choice non the less. :thumb:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
Yep Bullitt or Mach1

bullitt =limited production, nice car / Mach 1= limited production, nice car the determing factor.........bullitt 2valve Mach 4valve, the winner is the Mach :dancing6:

Peter

Reaction score
nicer colours to choose from with the mach too

fixthedoor

Reaction score
I know that this will be downright blasphemous, but the new 6's are potent little engines. Sorry i don't have numbers and I can't remember the source, but I read some where a little while back that after ford made the new v6, they had to tweak it a little to actually reduce horsepower, in order to keep it behind the v8 as far as performance is concerned. And then have you seen the new shelby cs6? (www.shelbyamerican.com) 350 horses. I have to agree though, don't go new. With 23 grand you could easily pick up a used '05 v6 with low miles and have plenty leftover to have a little fun.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
The six is a good car to learn to drive in, but for a kid graduating from college thats going on to be a fighter pilot, i don't see why a six would appeal.

Peter

Reaction score
haha yah hmmm 40,000hp f-15 or 230hp 05 V6.....

if he has 23 grand he could get a sweet low kms mach and for a daily driver I would pick a mach over a cobra just so you dont have to worry about the boost causing problems even thought they have a killer bottom end

ForcFed93

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that in the first post it states that the car has to be an automatic? That rules out any possibility of a Cobra. I would get an 01-04 GT automatic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online