The Body Shop Secret

Saint

Reaction score
Okay so I know most body shops get parts stone cheap from places like jcwhitney.com

Anyone know of any other places? jcwhitney is the cheapest place to find a front clip and they fit perfect...I know because I have one. The brand was actually keystone.

I need front bumper, fenders, hood.

Trying to keep it under or at 300$

Any tips would help.

The only bone yard here that used to sell front bumper/fender/hood kits raised the price from 250$ to 500$

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
craigslist? allot of sn95 part outs here on CL

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
damn nevermind...finding tons of parts now Thanks Tony lol

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No, good body shops don't get parts from jcwhitney. Try contacting LKQ, they are a reman company.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 4S

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
My Dad is a retired auto body tech.
Body shops do not use JC Whitiney !!!. Other aftermarket or salvage yard parts- yes.(which ever is cheaper) Sometimes OEM is cheaper and those will be used.
I've gotten new aftermarket parts from Certi-fit in the past for a good price and no fitment issues.
I'll 2nd LKQ. I have a friend that works there too. They were a salvage yard that only delt to dealers. They are now open to the public. They are also a nation wide company and are partners with Keystone and someone else too.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
are you replacing the core support? If you are get a used oem one. When I went to get mine replaced he had just done a mach1 that they ordered a new replacement for. He said when he got it and compaired it to a the one on the car that it looked so cheap he got an oem one and sent it back. Said there were half as many welds on it, the crush points for the bumper were not really made to crush and a bunch of other little stuff. I trust him so I went with a use oem one.

For my parts I was able too find a complete car too use for parts but I also needed the airbags. I think after its all gone I will have maybe $300 into the parts for 2 fenders, header panel, bumper and hood, air bags and computer and a bunch of other little crap I am grabbing for myself for later.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Depends if you want used or aftermarket. Like the guys said LKQ has really grown over the years and there are always aftermarket vendors like Keystone, Continental, and Empire. Both will require a decent amount of prep and obviously labor/paint.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
certafit is another popular aftermarket (rubbish) option.
they call it sureasshit here.... lol.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I may be stubborn but only oem panels go on my shit box

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea I hoard oem parts , I buy a lot of write off and dismantle only cars so my inventory is pretty decent

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online