The cars in the shop...

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Ok so my car has been running weird for a while now. I got my remanufactored Jasper motor a while back with the BBK Shorty Headers, BBK Catted X-Pipe plus the mods i already had which are MAC Underdrive Pullies, Flowmaster Catback. Well it felt like my tranny was slipping because when I slowly accelerated the car would studder for a second but then my brother told me it could have something to do with my either ignition not giving a strong enough spark or my emissions or something. well i take it up to advanced auto and get a dyagnostic test because my check engine light is still on *even after gettin the new motor, but we used some of the parts from the old motor to put it back to a "full" motor* and it said o2 sensor and emissions control something. so my dad takes it to the shop and they put it on their machine and it says the same thing.
now its gettin fix, but will that really stop the hesitating/studdering problem?
what happens if i still have this problem, what all could it be?
HELP!

S

scarface

sounds like a tranny issue to me. A similar thing was happening to another member and he has a tranny flush to fix the problem.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
tranny flush can actually hurt your tranny. this is what the guy at AMMACO (sp?) Transmissions told me when i went to do mine.
im not sure if its a tranny problem or not....

so if i get the car back and its still doin it... what all could it be?

S

scarface

a tranny flush can hurt your car, but it can also help. If the tranny gets hurt during a flush it was on its way out anyway.

It sounds like a tranny problem, I would be willing to bet after the o2 swap, it will still do the same thing.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
well is it possible to test my tranny to see?

what about if its just the spark plugs not gettin a strong enough spark?

what is this emissions control thing?

S

scarface

my96gtstang said:
well is it possible to test my tranny to see?

what about if its just the spark plugs not gettin a strong enough spark?

what is this emissions control thing?
I dont know the answer to any of those. Sorry

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
this sucks........
wtf.....
well if i get a new tranny its gunna be another auto, remanufactored from japser *cuz my dad wont let me do anything else* and ima get a shift kit put in it

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
what is the shop doing to fix the 02 issue? the CEL is probably just because you need a set of MILs, i have heard of many people needing them even with catted midpipes.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
yeah my dad is a control freak and its his way or no way and because the car is in his name he holds it over my head *another reason why i wanna get an all stock GT when i graduate college if youve read my other posts in different threads*
i figure if i get new o2s that would fix it. they do almost the same as mils cept mils elimnate the o2, kinda like takes its place but puttin a new o2 should do the same thing right?

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Ok so i get the car back from the shop, they fixed the o2 sensor and an emissions sensor but it still hesitates. it has to be my tranny. i cant think of anything else that could make it do this..... WTF

94Vert

Reaction score
there's alot of things that can make it hesitate, iac, tps, maf, fuel starvation, bad wires or plugs, tranny

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
but wont most of those pop a code and make CEL come on?
how can i check all my stuff cuz idk what im lookin at cuz like i said when it comes to actually workin on the motor itself im a NOOB

94Vert

Reaction score
checking codes is the best place to start but it doesn't show everything, for example when i was looking at my mustang and drove it i noticed it hesitated pretty much up the whole rpm curve that's how i got them down to 3500. it didn't show the cel and after i did a full tune up i found a half broken plug wire and that was it.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
what all is included in a full tune up?
like ive said billions of times, im a noob and i have no teacher.....

S

scarface

plugs, wires, fuel filter, check for working EGR, clean MAF, and IAC...thats all I can think of right now.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
egr vale was replaced by me not to terribly long ago.

idk how to clean the MAF and IAC

plugs and wires im going to check.
fuel filter is on the bottom side of the motor right?

S

scarface

fuel filter is in the back near the tank, clean the IAC with carb cleaner, clean the maf with electrical cleaner.

94Vert

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
egr vale was replaced by me not to terribly long ago.

idk how to clean the MAF and IAC

plugs and wires im going to check.
fuel filter is on the bottom side of the motor right?

i would do cap and rotor and also pcv valve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online