The Evil GT

chris91

Reaction score
Okay so I have never done a build thread on this car. After everything Ive done to this one, I think it deserves one.

This is my 99 GT 35th Anniversary Limited Edition. It is number 2,090 of 4,628 35th cars made. One of 1,299 in Black.

First, I picked the car up from Elizabethtown, KY(3 hours south of Cincinnati). Car had a CAI, Exhaust, and some 17" Polished 03/04 Cobras on it. Here it is in that form.

013-2.jpg

015-2.jpg

016-2.jpg

017.jpg

Picked up a Mach Chin Spoiler

About 2 weeks after buying it the rear end decided it didnt like to live and grenaded itself. Picked up a new rear end with 3.73's. Ended up going through a couple different sets of wheels within the next 6 months. Here they are.

18" ROH Drift R's

009-5.jpg

Those lasted about 2 months. Swapped them out for a set of 18" FR500's.

016-3.jpg

025-2.jpg

After those pics I decided it desperately needed some spacers on the rear.

018-3.jpg

OP
OP
chris91

chris91

Reaction score
Drove it around for a little while like that and then the tensioners decided to start makin a lot of noise. I had some cash saved up and ran across a really good deal on a semi built engine. I ended up picking up a setup with 5k miles on it, longblock consisting of stock refreshed bottom end, Fox Lake Stage 2 Heads with oversized Ferrea Valves, Hitech Stage 2 Cams, 30lb FRPP Injectors, FRPP Billet Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, and a Sniper Delta Force tuning setup. Also ended up picking up a set of J&M Tubular Lowers for it.

Got the engine in and tune loaded up and it fire right up and started idling great. I backed it outta the garage and let it run for a little while to open the thermostat to burp the coolant system. After about 5 minutes BOOM and coolant goes everywhere. Guess that plastic PI intake decided enough was enough. Picked up another PI intake that week and had it up and running the weekend later.

Here's the first video of it.

Here's a video after I brought it home.

Picked up a Dragon Plenum and Pro Products 75mm TB and decided the engine bay needed some lovin. Here it is in its current state.

OP
OP
chris91

chris91

Reaction score
I then decided I wanted a Dual Din radio setup in it after getting the wife a nice Pioneer unit for her Explorer. So off I went to the local bone yard to get what I needed.

Here it is after paint and install of the Pioneer 2400 BT.

I then added a set of Kicker Comp 10" Subwoofers with a Kicker CX600.1 Amp and Kicker CX Series Two Way 6x8's in the front doors and rear deck. Nothing too crazy but just enough bump to make any music sound killer without being too overpowering.

After driving it around for a few months enjoying its new power the T45 Transmission had enough and tried to leave me stranded on the side of the highway with only 4th gear. I had roadside assistance but they would only cover like 5 miles so I said screw it and made it home 20 miles and 4 complete stops later with only 4th gear. Let me tell ya, my clutch hated life.

Ended up picking up a TR3650 from a guy on a board I belong to and ended up having a major family emergency so the car got put on the back burner. Almost a year later I put the TR3650 in and low and behold it too is garbage. Ended up not having third or fourth. Had to drive it around like that for almost a year. Finally a guy thats well known for selling good parts had a TR3650 for sale. I picked it up and threw it in and drove it around and decided it needed some personalized plates. The Evil GT was born... lol

I got tired of the FR500's and found a killer deal on a set of 18x8.5 and 18x10 XXR 521's. Sold the FR's and picked them up.

The car ended up getting hit by some dumb teenager that was too worried about a gas station than things in front of her. After her clipping the front of the car the damage came to $2,200. I had a guy that was willing to work a deal on the paint so I went ahead and bought a Cervinis Cobra R Hood and OEM Saleen Spoiler for it. Really made the car look so much better in my eyes.

OP
OP
chris91

chris91

Reaction score
Seemed like everyone and their brother had started getting the XXR's and I got a killer deal on a set of 18" BFG KDW's so I decided it was time to change things up a bit. Sold the XXR's and ended up deciding on the Vordoven Forme 9's in 18x9.5 for the front and 18x10.5 for the rear. Threw the BFG 285/30's up front and the 295/35's out back. These wheels completed the look of the car totally.

I then picked up a set of Cobra 13" front brakes off our very own black5.4.

Here they are when picked up.

After some paint we have a nice lil setup.

Took the car to a local Mustang meet and snapped a couple pics.

Just added some Retrofit Headlights to the car. Finally my HID's work like they should and I have brights again!!

Picked up a cool little Voltage gauge that goes where the cigarette lighter goes.

Picked up some Terminator Side Mirrors that were white. After a couple days and some paint they were ready for install.

And thats the car in its current state. I have been hoarding parts lately for it. Here are some of the things I have purchased recently for it.

OEM FR500 Steering Wheel

OEM 03/04 Cobra Rear Bumper

Not pictured are Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks and Struts, SCT X4, Built Rear End that includes Superior 31 Spline Axles, Cobra Diff, 4.10 gears, welded axle tubes, Moser Diff Cover., Maximum Motorsports Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms, and a few other misc pieces. Car should run and look A LOT better after the install of these parts. Will keep the thread updated as I move a long....

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Shes come a long way! Nice Thread [MENTION=9338]chris91[/MENTION]!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Always loved this car!!! Even better knowing it came from just 30 minutes from me!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
chris91

chris91

Reaction score
Thanks! I actually rode the greyhound down to get it. Had a layover in Louisville for like an hour and got dropped off at a gas station and he picked me up in it. As I saw it rolling up I knew for sure it was mine. Went to his bank and gave them the cash and they gave us the title. I had a fun 3 hour cruise in it on the way home. :)

OP
OP
chris91

chris91

Reaction score
Something came in the mail today!

I now understand the hype of the FR500 steering wheel. It is soooo nice and plush and a lot thicker than my old leather wrapped wheel.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Thread moved to the "Build ups and Projects" section

Love the steering wheel!! I have one to install but can't decide which car to put it :eek:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I really do think that steering wheel was one of my favorite purchases for my SN.

Great job with the car!

OP
OP
chris91

chris91

Reaction score
Hey thanks whitey, I was going to message you to see if you could move it last night but was side tracked.

Thanks droptop! I'd have to say it's my favorite interior mod for sure.

I got one hell of a deal on this one. $220 shipped! I got it from the guy that's always parting out real nice cars up in Northern Ohio. He's on here but I can't remember his screen name his real name is Tim Pavlovic. He gave me the price before researching what they go for and stuck to it even though he knew he could've gotten a good bit more. Definitely a stand up guy. I've bought quite a few things off him in the past year. If anyone needs parts, he usually has damn near anything.

OP
OP
chris91

chris91

Reaction score
Yep, that's him. Real cool guy and like I said has tons of great parts.

Forgot to post a pic of my latest brake purchase. Picked up this Baer 13" setup for the rear. I ordered the matching Baer Decelarotors for my 13" Cobras up front yesterday. Topped em off with some Hawk pads front and rear. Hoping this fat pig will be able to stop pretty well after the install.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Yep, that's him. Real cool guy and like I said has tons of great parts.

Forgot to post a pic of my latest brake purchase. Picked up this Baer 13" setup for the rear. I ordered the matching Baer Decelarotors for my 13" Cobras up front yesterday. Topped em off with some Hawk pads front and rear. Hoping this fat pig will be able to stop pretty well after the install.

Nice!! I have the same kit but with blank rotors to install whenever I get around to it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online