The First PhatBoyPerformance ROTREX Project is Underway! NOW WITH PIC!!!!

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Many of you already know that I started a company a while back to develop the Rotrex supercharger kit for Mustangs. Well, it's finally happening. We got our first test mule in a couple of weeks ago and are in the process of fabbing up the first kit.

The mule is a red, basically stock, 95 Cobra. The first stage with this car is a single, non-intercooled unit. I'll get some pics posted soon.

Here is the baseline dyno graph. And, I'll post more pics later today. 8)

[attachment deleted by admin]

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Re: The First PhatBoyPerformance ROTREX Project is Underway!

i was just about to pm ya to see how it was coming. good to see some progress O0

Spyder

Reaction score

Glad to see your making some progress with the company!!

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

Thanks . . .we're really excited. I'm about to go over to the shop and take some pics. We got the head unit yesterday and we're in the process of coming up with the bracket system. Once we get it all fabbed, the car will go back to California for tuning and we'll have the comparison dyno numbers and we should be ready to start shipping kits.

After that, there is a certain 96, known to all of us, that will be making its way down to the desert so we can design the modo motor kit. That car is going to be simply awesome.

slow-six

Reaction score

congrats man. hope all goes well. O0

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score

how come you guys are starting with a non intercooled kit?

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

Snakebit said:

Well . . we will be offering an "entry level" kit that is non-intercooled to compete with the basi Vortech S-Trim kit. We need to build that kit so we can get numbers from it for potential buyers. After we do that kit, and it gets tuned and gets some miles on it, we'll do an intercooled version and see what kind of benefit we get, numbers wise.

All of that said . . . you need to realize that the Rotrex makes far less heat than a traditional blower, because of the fluid driven step up system. It just doesn't make heat like gears do. Thus, there is less need for an intercooler with a Rotrex than with other blower.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet that our non-intercooled kit makes as much power as most inter-cooled kits.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score

TRUUBLE said:
Snakebit said:

Well . . we will be offering an "entry level" kit that is non-intercooled to compete with the basi Vortech S-Trim kit. We need to build that kit so we can get numbers from it for potential buyers. After we do that kit, and it gets tuned and gets some miles on it, we'll do an intercooled version and see what kind of benefit we get, numbers wise.

All of that said . . . you need to realize that the Rotrex makes far less heat than a traditional blower, because of the fluid driven step up system. It just doesn't make heat like gears do. Thus, there is less need for an intercooler with a Rotrex than with other blower.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet that our non-intercooled kit makes as much power as most inter-cooled kits.

Really?? so the incoming air going into the intake will be close to or the exact air temp as the outside air ??

Hellion94

Reaction score

Snakebit said:
TRUUBLE said:
Snakebit said:

Really?? so the incoming air going into the intake will be close to or the exact air temp as the outside air ??

I wouldn't go as far as to say that is will be the same temperature as ambient. What TRUBBLE is saying is that this produces far less heat than a gear driven unit, however, the simple act of compressing air, and forcing it into the engine excites the molecules of the air, and heats it up. so it won't be the same as ambient no matter what you do, but with the Rotrex there will be less heat that is being transferred to the air due to the heat of the blower's gear friction, so it will be cooler.

Suspect

Reaction score

8) awesome, ive been waiting to see what was up with this.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score

Hellion94 said:
Snakebit said:
TRUUBLE said:
Snakebit said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say that is will be the same temperature as ambient. What TRUBBLE is saying is that this produces far less heat than a gear driven unit, however, the simple act of compressing air, and forcing it into the engine excites the molecules of the air, and heats it up. so it won't be the same as ambient no matter what you do, but with the Rotrex there will be less heat that is being transferred to the air due to the heat of the blower's gear friction, so it will be cooler.

So it will still need to have a cooler on it

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

Snakebit said:

No . . . it won't "need" a cooler . . . just like an S-Trim doesn't "need" a cooler.

Would there be a benefit to a cooler? Sure. But, for people who want to do the entry level kit, they will get great performance even with a non-intercooled kit.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score

TRUUBLE said:
Snakebit said:

No . . . it won't "need" a cooler . . . just like an S-Trim doesn't "need" a cooler.

Would there be a benefit to a cooler? Sure. But, for people who want to do the entry level kit, they will get great performance even with a non-intercooled kit.

no fear of detonation??

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

Snakebit said:
no fear of detonation??

Detonation is all in the tune. You can certainly tune more aggresively with a cooler (ie. more timing). But, I expect very solid numbers on a safe tune without a cooler.

And, I will be recommending the Snow Performance water/methanol kit to those people who want to get crazy with the tune.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score

TRUUBLE said:
Snakebit said:
no fear of detonation??

Detonation is all in the tune. You can certainly tune more aggresively with a cooler (ie. more timing). But, I expect very solid numbers on a safe tune without a cooler.

And, I will be recommending the Snow Performance water/methanol kit to those people who want to get crazy with the tune.

All righty then, keep us informed on this Tad it sounds very intresting :)

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score

What car is this "certain 96 that we all know" to be tested?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score

Red96GT said:

I have inside info that says its some guy that has a "Cobra wanabe, fake roush " WHITE GT ::)

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score

Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:

I have inside info that says its some guy that has a "Cobra wanabe, fake roush " WHITE GT ::)

Ah, I knew he has setup for some power adder and was wondering what he was going to go with. I guess a Rotrex wouldn't be a bad idea. :pimp2:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score

hes going to have a :ass3: hauler when hes done :boink:

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score

so what kinda discounts are forum members gonna get on these kits :naughty: :naughty:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online