The Foxote (coyote fox swap) will be updating as progress is made

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
To the OP, really cool and exciting project. I want to Coyote swap my notch as well, but I'm spending all my money on my actual Coyote.

Sound deadening the whole car will help quite a bit, especially in an old tin can like a foxbody Mustang. I have 200 pounds of sound deadener in my notch, (seriously) and it makes a huge difference in how the car sounds and feels inside. I used Damplifier Pro and Luxury Liner Pro. I am now full of regret that I didn't do it on the firewall when I pulled the dash, so I would absolutely encourage you to do so. Also, look for fit/finish type stuff like the window run channels, door latch strikers, door hinge pins, etc. Replacing all that stuff really changes the way the fox feels and make it look/sounds/feel more new again.

My notch build thread is full of pics on all the various stuff I did to make the car feel more modern, while staying true to an 80s Mustang. You could dig through it and steal ideas.

Paul.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
To the OP, really cool and exciting project. I want to Coyote swap my notch as well, but I'm spending all my money on my actual Coyote.

Sound deadening the whole car will help quite a bit, especially in an old tin can like a foxbody Mustang. I have 200 pounds of sound deadener in my notch, (seriously) and it makes a huge difference in how the car sounds and feels inside. I used Damplifier Pro and Luxury Liner Pro. I am now full of regret that I didn't do it on the firewall when I pulled the dash, so I would absolutely encourage you to do so. Also, look for fit/finish type stuff like the window run channels, door latch strikers, door hinge pins, etc. Replacing all that stuff really changes the way the fox feels and make it look/sounds/feel more new again.

My notch build thread is full of pics on all the various stuff I did to make the car feel more modern, while staying true to an 80s Mustang. You could dig through it and steal ideas.

Paul.
Awesome dude, I will definitely check it out.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
Yea dude I know what ya mean .... This build is sick . Dropping off money every week or two for the build . What you going with for a trans t56 ?
Yea going with a t56 magnum. It will get awesome gas mileage and still be a badass car. Im going back down I think tomorrow or some day this coming week to give them more money and snap a few pics of the engine in the car.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
ha welllll sheeeeet I found out my dad gave the shop 3 grand behind my back which was awesome but I really wanted to pay for all of it myself haha. I only need about 1500 more ish now till it is done I would assume. I Have the Boss Coil covers coming tuesday and plan heading down to the shop this saturday with my old man and seeing the progress now most of the drivetrain is in the car and just doing last few small things here and there and give them another 1500 dollars! I am so stoked this shit is finally nearing completion, I have not driven it yet but from what I saw Dez Racing did a ****ing sick job at the custom fab work and retrofitting needed for the swap and all the little shit they did/will do like getting all the factory gauges working while being able to get all my aftermarket gauges working (previous owner raped the wiring of the car) they fixed all the wiring pretty much. I will more than likely take a ton of pictures and also I will pick my old C/C plates up from my sn95 for a forum member you know who you are =D

TanTop94

Reaction score
Haha! Ok you got me! Im glad your build is going great! I can only imagine the amount of work it takes to get a coyote in a fox and keep everything working like it's a stock car. Im jealous to say the least, must be why Im do pushy about the cc plates haha!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I too used second skin damplifier pro and luxery liner. I have had my hands on almost every kind of sound damping in my install days ant that is all I use on my car. But the luxery liner is thick and you would probably have to take out the stock jute liner. This stuff is better as its closed cell foam and vinyl. Will not mold or just rot away like the jute does

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
The car is similar to the lochness monster or bigfoot, it is some sort of mythological beast. It is very elusive and is rare to get a good picture of it. I think I will have pics saturday.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
I am going to buy new headlights and tail lights or buy an exterior resto kit for all the weather stripping I am not sure which I want to do first I am leaning towards the exterior resto kit. I am going to be one busy ass S.O.B when I get the car back as much as I want it back, I just started to realize I bought way too much stuff to fix it up etc lmfao I won't have any social life for like 3 weeks once I get it back.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
WcYBOCS.jpg

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
welll......no pictures I know I am a huge cock tease guys. They now have every part needed in the shop engine, tranny, driveshaft, clutch etc. It should be done within the next few weeks.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
OMG NO PICTURES, on a side note the driveshaft came in today. That was pretty much the last part I needed they should have it finished in like 2-3 weeks I would like to think. They have everything ready to just drop shit in etc.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
yea I know lol there were minor setbacks like backorder on the accessory drive etc. I think they mentioned sending my pics of the car because the engine, tranny, driveshaft are all in the car now and they have all the exhaust made and on the car now. Basically just small things like some minor wiring etc getting everything to work. I know man can you imagine how much is killing me haha :angry4:

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
thanks for making me more depressed dude way to go lmao gonna cry myself to sleep now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online