The HPDE @ Homestead Speedway Sept 27 $89

hotmustang95

Reaction score
The HPDE $89 End of Summer Blowout at Homestead Speedway on Sept 27. In case anyone on here is close enough to attend or even come hang out. I've already registered. This is a price you never see so take advantage.
Here's the link:
https://thehpde.com

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Sooo I went to the event. Managed to get a group of ten track buddies all with mustangs to go also. Even got there early and saved ten garage spots so we all could park together. Day started off great. Ran my first session. Only issue I had was on the back straight before turn 9 I locked up the front wheels for a sec during braking. I figured it was just that the tires were still cold so I took it easy for a few laps before going hard again. My second session ended up being my last for the day. Long story short The brakes once again locked up before turn nine only this time there was an Audi in front. I turned the wheel but nothing happened. The car managed to turn slightly to the right before smacking into him so I only damaged my driver side front vs the whole front. His car looks untouched compared to mine. Old car tech vs new. Anyways It was drivable so I got it home. I live in Boynton Beach which is about 2 hours drive north from Homestead Speedway. Looks like I'll need a new bumper and fender and lights while I'm at it. The hood got a little of it but that's fixable.

I'll post the videos in the Track Day Videos thread. http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?68692-Track-Day-Videos&p=1361835#post1361835

Here are the pics of my poor car.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oh.....there's the pics!!!!

That sux dude!!!! But could of been worse!!

On a side note, where did you get that power steering neck!?!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Oh.....there's the pics!!!!

That sux dude!!!! But could of been worse!!

On a side note, where did you get that power steering neck!?!

Long ago I had issues at Daytona on the banking where the fluid would spill out. After some research I came upon that. It was made for some older ford cars trucks that used blowers or turbos. It allows you to add more fluid and sits at an angle that keeps it from spilling. Works very well. Only issue was when installed correctly theres clearance issues with the hood. I modified it in a way to clear the stock hood. When I had a R hood there was no issue.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Do you by chance remember specific models for reference!??? There was a discussion about this recently and I mentioned it but couldn't remember which models to tell the guys to look for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online