The, "I don't have typical mustang wheels" thread.

cantbuytime

Reaction score
STR33TR said:
Knew when I did it that it wasn't for everyone and that a lot of ppl wouldn't get it.
I just couldn't be the 1millionth dood to rock bullitts/cobras/saleens/reps.

AMen brother, A-freakin-men... Its your car not anyone elses why care rather someone else likes it, they dont have to look at it every day or drive it? Unless your just a very shallow neglected person that you care what everyone else thinks.

But thats not the case eh?

I dont think it looks to bad.

Wheels are one of the few things that you have a wide variety of options to help set your car apart from the doods next door's 96 he bought cause he liked yours.

Alot of people give me grief for not keeping my 17x9 bullitts, but man its just so old seeing the same wheels on every other mustangs.

So i bought the RUFF wheels. they be here next week.. After a quick crash coarse i photo shopped them to my car just to get an idea. This was my first few tries.

gimpedwheel1.jpg

gimpwheel3.jpg

STR33TR

Reaction score
cantbuytime said:
AMen brother, A-freakin-men... Its your car not anyone elses why care rather someone else likes it, they dont have to look at it every day or drive it? Unless your just a very shallow neglected person that you care what everyone else thinks. But thats not the case eh?
I dont think it looks to bad.
Wheels are one of the few things that you have a wide variety of options to help set your car apart from the doods next door's 96 he bought cause he liked yours.
Hallelujah!
Your p'shops look good. Looks like you are going low! can't wait to see that on the road. What tire width can u put on a 9.5" wheel, 295s? Should look boss.
ttocs said:
not my thing either, the wheels and tires look like they don't fit and make me wonder how much they rub? It looks like what nascar would do to the mustang.
Oh they definitely rub. whenever I angle into a driveway, or don't hit speedbumps straight on it rubs. Going down the road it's the exhaust that drags first.
RE nascar: I intend to put a vinyl top on it too (between the drip rail/sail panels) to really get that throwback nascar vibe.

cantbuytime

Reaction score
STR33TR said:
RE nascar: I intend to put a vinyl top on it too (between the drip rail/sail panels) to really get that throwback nascar vibe.

I dunno about that one.. lol

What size tires u running?

looks like 275or 265/60 outback. if so u would like the 275/50 better..

I am an old school person.i love 15" wheels and white letter tires.. actually seen a few SN95 cars with the old school cragars and keystones with raised white letter tires...

now this is just IMO but your car looks no worse then the guys running weld 15" wheels or anything similar..

STR33TR

Reaction score
Keystones are my dream wheel for this thing. But I'd have to get a fox axle to fit the offset I want.
I'd LOVE to see pix of Cragar S/Ss or Keystones on an sn95.

oh, and meats are 295/50-15s. f'n luv 'em.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=10830]MustangChris[/MENTION]

this isnt the ugly rims thread....

Kidding! Those actually don't look half bad except they're chrome...

thorco3

Reaction score
I happen to know a thing or two about those wheels!

TrueForged - Victory, and very expensive... I had a "fail" moment a good while back and decided to sell off two sets of very nice wheels.

Anyways, those were 18x9 and 18x10.5. If you buy directly from TF you can get the "04sleeper" offset and it will be identical to these. I would have to look it up to see exactly what the specs were on the offset for these. It's a popular wheel company over on SVTP.

I wouldn't pay full retail for a set of these though, because they are crazy expensive. You will get a discount if you let them know you are a forum member and they will work with you on price. Or you can keep an eye on SVTP classifieds and find a nice set second hand.

thorco3

Reaction score
I guess I could post up my current setup but I'm not sure if they classify as "typical" or not.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
i like the aftermarket mustang style wheels the best for these cars. IMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online