The, "I don't have typical mustang wheels" thread.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ain't spending the money on new ones, I'm not a baller like you guys.
used they will still cost more then a lot of good new wheels if they are in good shape but again its all about the condition. When thorco3 sold those I asked as I wanted them too but they were above my range at that time as well. I kick myself now as at this point I could afford them if he had them for sale again and after seeing them in person I have not been able to get them out of my mind and compairing other wheels to them keeps leaving me disappointed....

thorco3

Reaction score
whatcha got? also how much are TF Victories like you had worth? Think I could trade my RKs for some?

I was headed down more of street/strip setup and went with some of the forged welds. I like them, but they totally change the nature of the car going from a street setup to bigs/littles. And I think I gave mid 2k range for my TF's with tires. Sold them pretty much what I bought them for. My CCWs were a bit cheaper but no tires and they needed a lil overhaul, refinished them and sold them for couple hundred more than I paid. The RK's seem to bring pretty crazy prices these days so I don't think it is out of the question to find someone that would be able to work out a deal with you. Also depends on the condition of tires, I wouldn't even want a set of wheels with junk tires because then you have to pay to have them pulled off, mount, balance, yada yada.

I'm not afraid to buy used rims that are polished though because I do know a thing or two about polishing metal... that def helps in the used market. And as far as I concerned 'a tire is a tire, is a tire'. If it's a nice tire then who cares if it has a few miles on it, now I don't want any sumitomo garbage, but you know what I mean. With used wheel/tire combos I do have them rebalance though because I'm picky with wheel weights. Prefer press-ons on the inside lip if possible, if not then stick-ons as far inside the rim as possible and finally stick-ons behind the spoke if necessary... but no showing wheel weights.

thorco3

Reaction score
I dunno, what do you guys think, are these a typical mustang wheel.?

just a couple quick pics outside of my storage unit, no photoshoot quality stuff

10047521763_2c61d82d7b_b.jpg

10047523503_2b0dd8b9fd_b.jpg

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Chris I must say I've always felt like your wheels looked out of place on your car, with that Termy swap it deserves something with more sex appeal.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yea. i would love to find these in 18s and 19s.... i agree, 16s are a little lacking. i hope to have them on a convertible soon :)

chris91

Reaction score
Not your typical Mustang wheel but nothing special...

XXR 521's in 18x8.5 and 18x10. Really thinking about going with 18x10's all the way around.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I happen to know a thing or two about those wheels!

TrueForged - Victory, and very expensive... I had a "fail" moment a good while back and decided to sell off two sets of very nice wheels.

Anyways, those were 18x9 and 18x10.5. If you buy directly from TF you can get the "04sleeper" offset and it will be identical to these. I would have to look it up to see exactly what the specs were on the offset for these. It's a popular wheel company over on SVTP.

I wouldn't pay full retail for a set of these though, because they are crazy expensive. You will get a discount if you let them know you are a forum member and they will work with you on price. Or you can keep an eye on SVTP classifieds and find a nice set second hand.

Where are you getting them discounted like that with the forum discount?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Chris I must say I've always felt like your wheels looked out of place on your car, with that Termy swap it deserves something with more sex appeal.

Imagine the shock someone will endure after they get an eyeful of his 16 inches.........

.....and then he absolutely leaves them in the DUST...

ProKiller

Reaction score

tsw nurburgring machined gunmetal 19x8.5 front and 20x10 rear

Tekton1377

Reaction score
[IM
G][/IMG]
2011-10-20161534.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
155632_10152141802885316_2125247108_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
A nice set of DrifZ Wheels that I got by pure coincidence. The tire shop got them in a mis-shipment and I got them plus a set of Falken 245/40/ZR18's for about a grand.

chris91

Reaction score
Not sure of the offset Whitey. They weren't stamped when I got em and I bought em used.

As for the 18x10's fitting up front I already know they will. Talked to a guy that has a 99 Cobra that's running them. But New Edge cars seem to be able to run wider wheels and tires than the 94-98's.

Goldmember

Reaction score
Not sure of the offset Whitey. They weren't stamped when I got em and I bought em used.

As for the 18x10's fitting up front I already know they will. Talked to a guy that has a 99 Cobra that's running them. But New Edge cars seem to be able to run wider wheels and tires than the 94-98's.

Perks of a wider rear axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.