The infamous tire question lol

1bad9d5

Reaction score
well now that the weather is soon to be consistently opening up and getting past the god awful winter we experienced. the stang should be coming out and ill be upgrading my 17x8 awful rims to some 18x8.5 in the front and 18x10 in the rear... already know the rims I want.... but I need help in tires... looking for performance tires... the car will never see snow, wont be WOT if its raining so some tires that can just grip normally in weather would be nice as well... would be nice if they were great on traction for when I spool but also not need a new set of tires every 5-10,000 miles lol .. id like to get a bit more than that.
So with all that said... anybody know of some great tires out there? thinking 245/45/18 in the front and 285/40/18 in the rear... that way I can help my speedo stay as close as 100% accurate as possible...
all legit help is wanted thanks guys

RichV

Reaction score
I was really impressed with the Pirelli P-Zero I have on my 05. I just got it out to the track over the weekend and those are some sticky tires. The treadwear rating is 220 so I'm sure they can wear rather fast. Haven't had them long enough to know how they wear in real life.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I like the Falken Azenis rt615 I have but most people squeak at he price.

I liked the grip of the nt05 nitto. Which is a lesser cost tire.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
yea im not looking to drop $1500 on a set of rubber... I have an extra set of rear tires for drag racing... I just need something good that I can enjoy with the power of the car.. looking to keep price per tire under 260... lower the better lol

Win

Legend
Reaction score
yea im not looking to drop $1500 on a set of rubber... I have an extra set of rear tires for drag racing... I just need something good that I can enjoy with the power of the car.. looking to keep price per tire under 260... lower the better lol

Go go with the nt05 then. That's a great tire. Or Invo

I'm not fond of the Pzero she has them on her 11 5.0 and they just aren't very grippy.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Go go with the nt05 then. That's a great tire. Or Invo

I'm not fond of the Pzero she has them on her 11 5.0 and they just aren't very grippy.

I appreciate it man... definitely like the Nittos tires... whats your opinion if u have any of the Goodyear F1 supercar tire?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I've run a few of them, I had some older ones on my SS and when they start to get old they dry up and don't have any grip what so ever. I got some take offs that were a year old and they grip like crazy. Pilot sport is an amazing tire too. Ran those on some y2k r's I had and loved them.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I've run a few of them, I had some older ones on my SS and when they start to get old they dry up and don't have any grip what so ever. I got some take offs that were a year old and they grip like crazy. Pilot sport is an amazing tire too. Ran those on some y2k r's I had and loved them.

but overall Nitto is still better?

RichV

Reaction score

We must be talking about a different tire, mine are off a newer GT with the Brembo package. Don't remember the year, bought wheels/tires from CL. Anyways, I had them out this weekend and they are extremely sticky. But like any competition tire they need to be hot. So after a warmup lap, they held my 05 GT 3700lb pig on the PPIR oval at around 100MPH. Coming off the track they look all gooey from how soft they got.

But in the cold is another story, 30deg or below they are almost unsafe to drive until they get a little heat in them.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
We must be talking about a different tire, mine are off a newer GT with the Brembo package. Don't remember the year, bought wheels/tires from CL. Anyways, I had them out this weekend and they are extremely sticky. But like any competition tire they need to be hot. So after a warmup lap, they held my 05 GT 3700lb pig on the PPIR oval at around 100MPH. Coming off the track they look all gooey from how soft they got.

But in the cold is another story, 30deg or below they are almost unsafe to drive until they get a little heat in them.

Ill go look when she gets home if I remember.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Lmfao yeah. The Continental extreme contact DWS' on there now are insane tires. Suck in snow because rwd tho haha

Yea lol w.e happens in the snow I'm not worried about lol.. Definitely isn't meant for it

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online