The Juice

black95o

Reaction score
How much power can 94-95 stock GT blocks hold? I'm curious b/c I plan to use nitrous aka the juice...some people tell me dry is better then i go somewhere else and wet is the stuff---im confused as to which to believe. But either one i get what should be the largest shot i run? :help2:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
with the non forged internals kissing a piston goodbye should be your worry before the block, a safe bet would be no more than 150 MAX and that should be a tuned kit also. I dont even think I would run that big however, a 100 or maybe 125 would be as far as I would go.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
what about in my case where the whole bottom end is forged????how big of a shot would you gol??

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Stangbangin said:
what about in my case where the whole bottom end is forged????how big of a shot would you gol??

Ahh, I see the sig in your last post where you have a forged bottom end, so everyone will have an opinion on this but I'd say 200 would be the limit for a safe shot. You could probally do more, but if you want to keep the block in one piece and not have to worry about it that should be your stopping point. Especially if your going to use it pretty regularly.

DamieN

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
with the non forged internals kissing a piston goodbye should be your worry before the block, a safe bet would be no more than 150 MAX and that should be a tuned kit also. I dont even think I would run that big however, a 100 or maybe 125 would be as far as I would go.

yellowgt

Reaction score
I say go with the 200 shot right now and blow your block to pieces... :hammer:

This way you can go out and buy a Dart 331 or 347 ci block and run as much giggly juice as you would like.. :thumb:

ryclef331

Reaction score
I sprayed a 125 shot on a bonestock 94 for 2 years. No issues. With the stock hyperpathetic pistons, I'd say a 150 is the highest you can safely and consistently run. I've seen guys with a big shot kit spray a 200 shot on stock bottom ends for a couple of years....but when they failed, it was catastrophic. With forged internals, you're look at about 500rwhp being the limit before the block wants to part ways. Girdles and braces just hold all your parts in a nice neat pile when the block splits and pukes all over the track.

If it were me, I'd back the timing off, go colder on the plugs one heat range, change the fuel filter, and spay a 175hp shot WET KIT on pump gas. As long as your tune isn't aggressive, and detonation is kept in check, you're good to go.

DETONATION IS THE #1 KILLER OF A MOTOR. Hyperuetectic pistons are brittle and will shatter more easily that any forged.

DisturbedRacing

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
I sprayed a 125 shot on a bonestock 94 for 2 years. No issues. With the stock hyperpathetic pistons, I'd say a 150 is the highest you can safely and consistently run. I've seen guys with a big shot kit spray a 200 shot on stock bottom ends for a couple of years....but when they failed, it was catastrophic. With forged internals, you're look at about 500rwhp being the limit before the block wants to part ways. Girdles and braces just hold all your parts in a nice neat pile when the block splits and pukes all over the track.

If it were me, I'd back the timing off, go colder on the plugs one heat range, change the fuel filter, and spay a 175hp shot WET KIT on pump gas. As long as your tune isn't aggressive, and detonation is kept in check, you're good to go.

DETONATION IS THE #1 KILLER OF A MOTOR. Hyperuetectic pistons are brittle and will shatter more easily that any forged.

What he said!!! Also comes down to how much your putting down N/A. Like he said, round 500rwhp is the limit. Reason I say it comes down to N/A is....if your already putting down close to 500 N/A then you wont be able to spray as much. If your only putting down 300 N/A then you could shoot it 150 - 200. IMO I wouldn't spend cash on putting a nice forged set up in a stock block.

ryclef331

Reaction score
DisturbedRacing said:
IMO I wouldn't spend cash on putting a nice forged set up in a stock block.

I know I won't do it again....

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
ive been wantin a 50 dry shot of N20 but im a wussie. its still my daily.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
to tell you the truth I don't know or won't ever know how much I'm putting down number wise. Unless I have it tuned somewhere but I bought a tweecer and did it myself. I guess you could say its dumb but I look at the numbers at the track not on the dyno. but don't get me wrong I know the dyno is a good tuning tool. anyways I don't mind spraying the crap out of this motor because as soon as I finished building my 306 I came across a 351 block that was machined and ready to go for cheap so I started building that. So I'm looking to blow this motor up and I am planning on it going as soon as I spray (as dumb as that sounds) I take the saying "drive it like you hate it" for real. but seeing as how I know I built this motor right and everything is forged it might be tougher than I thought.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online