The Lemon: ZY 2001 GT

OP
OP
thetrex

thetrex

Reaction score
I’ve done about 3 autocrosses with old yeller so far and it feels a lot better with the new setup and wide tires in the front. Even with upgrades, it is still a mid-pack car at large events. But it is a blast to drive, and that’s the main point.

Before Event 1 I increased the front spring rate from 275 to 325 in an attempt to decrease body roll. I also added an Eibach 35mm sway bar up front at the last minute.

Then I took it to the local drag strip in full autocross trim to put it on the scale and see what heavier tires would do to acceleration. With a half tank of gas it weighed 3270 and ran a 14.4 @ 95.3 mph. Down 2 tenths and 1.5-2 mph from its best ¼ mile times in similar weather.

Need to do some more fine tuning with the shocks and suspension. And I need to install the Maier spoiler that’s been sitting in my closet for a couple months. But, at this stage, the car is great and I’m just looking forward to completing the local autocross season.

^I also love this GT500.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Did you notice any increase in understeer with the bigger front bar?

OP
OP
thetrex

thetrex

Reaction score
Did you notice any increase in understeer with the bigger front bar?

With this setup, the eibach bar doesn't seem to have a large increase in understeer, but my front track width is wider than the rear to clear the 315's. Also, I haven't driven the car back to back with the factory '01 26.5-27mm sway bar for comparisons sake. Are you planning a sway bar change?

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Nice to see new people around here...

Are you running coil overs? How was the panhard bar install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
thetrex

thetrex

Reaction score
Nice to see new people around here...

Are you running coil overs? How was the panhard bar install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just coilovers in the front and currently debating whether to put them in the rear as well. The panhard was pretty straightforward once all of the measurements were done and I had a solid set of drill bits!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online