the momstang rebuild begins TOOK A TRIP AROUND THE BLOCK!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not sure if its a little victory or not that its now starting, running and stopping or a big one but I will take it. I don't think its a big one yet as its not on the road completely yet but its nice to finally be this close. I just am trying to remember I know the gremlins are not all out of it yet.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got it back up in the air to do an inspection and I am glad I did. I thought the passenger side brake was still dragging till I removed the caliper and it was still making noise. So a trip to napa to get a new hub/bearing, spindle lock nut and then unfortunately I had to order the arp extended wheel studs I need to clear the big brake kit. So I will be waiting till saterday for those unless corona gets them drunk and ruins my weekend. I also need to get a breaker bar big enough to break the spindle nut as we don't have any pipe that will work as a breaker. I also was able to finally track down a slight coolant leak I have been chasing for a while and not been able to locate. Its a lot easier from the bottom(that's what she said). Last week when I was going over the last details before the drive and tightening the lug nuts I noticed my rear wheels/tires needed to be swapped so I did that. And while they were off I notice I needed to tighten up the banjo bolt on the rear brakes just a hair as they were leaking a little bit now that they are working.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Getting there dude. You’ll be on the road cruising in no time.

Now aren’t ya glad you didn’t start parting it out?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I will call it a success that I was able to find all of this before it became a bigger problem but I am still way to hesitant to declare a victory. I still have the parts list I made, maybe I should get rid of it but I think just having it there is part of the reason stuff started working. I might have scared it a little. I just got the notice that my studs shipped and turns out they are being shipped out from about 70 miles away so they will be here tomorrow instead of saterday. I am almost afraid to know how I will pay for that but I know I will...

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I will call it a success that I was able to find all of this before it became a bigger problem but I am still way to hesitant to declare a victory. I still have the parts list I made, maybe I should get rid of it but I think just having it there is part of the reason stuff started working. I might have scared it a little. I just got the notice that my studs shipped and turns out they are being shipped out from about 70 miles away so they will be here tomorrow instead of saterday. I am almost afraid to know how I will pay for that but I know I will...

Try not to cough or sneeze...........

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
So its all hold because of the beer shits going around and I need a torque wrench that will go to 225 to do the spindle lock nut. I have been using the time to get other stuff done like I started polishing the wheels to get rid of some minor water spots. You might also notice that for the first time in 10 yrs the garage is organized :) But how about a little action? Its still starting up nice and listen to the end and the loud button is on.
I have some more stuff on my instagram @ttocs388

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So its all hold because of the beer shits going around and I need a torque wrench that will go to 225 to do the spindle lock nut. I have been using the time to get other stuff done like I started polishing the wheels to get rid of some minor water spots. You might also notice that for the first time in 10 yrs the garage is organized :) But how about a little action? Its still starting up nice and listen to the end and the loud button is on.
I have some more stuff on my instagram @ttocs388

Alright that’s it!!! As soon as this corona shit is over it’s time for me to put the beast back together!!!!!!!

That sounds fawking sexy as fawk Scott!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Alright that’s it!!! As soon as this corona shit is over it’s time for me to put the beast back together!!!!!!!

That sounds fawking sexy as fawk Scott!!!!!!!!!

its gonna be time to get back to work when this is over. Got out and do something small/stupid that you have been putting off.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
today in corona boredom, sorting/organizing screws.... After cleaning the garage I found a dozen or more places I had put some nuts/bolts/screws. I started to organize them and now need one of those plastic bin organizers to do some more to it but I know your jealous.

My wheels also have got some fairly small water spots at some point so I decided to take the time while all 4 are still off the ground to get rid of them. I started off wet sanding 1000, 3000 and finally 5000 and now I am waiting on some polishing cones to finish the job. This is the before and like I said they are small but I knew they were there.

I also got the buffing pads I needed to finish the paint so I will have to put that on the list but I am looking forward to seeing the wheels polished out and still have 2 more to finish wet sanding.

joe65

Reaction score
yeah do you know how clean everyone's cars are going to be in May....crazy. Like the sound of that thing! Makes me impatient for working on the power train on mine. Suspension/brakes first i keep telling myself.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
while the wheels were up I took the time to put some wax on the diffuser. I have never done it because I basically installed it right after I finished it with the idea that I would do it later when I had some time. So 2 coats of jetsel, 2 coats of meguiars nxt and then 2 coats of p23 and hopefully I will not have to do it for a while. I am trying to figure out what I want to do with the letters. I have black letters but part of me wants to do it red, or carbon fiber but idunno. What do you think?
1dM8UXw.jpg

I took the time to paint my rad cover as well and I am trying to figure out if I want to put some decals there and if so how many. What do you think?
mdpvjQA.jpg

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am still working on the paint but I am finally happy with how its going. I have never really got this deep into wet sanding and polishing before so I am learning as I go and had to order some stuff to help me reach the small areas. It occurred to me that this is yet another thing I am learning how to do on this project. Years ago when this all started I was on my way to get parts for the welder I had just got and was learning how to use. Now at the end of this project I did some minor fender flares as well added the kindigit designs door handles. I had never done any real body work but I smoothed in the shinoda chin, the saleen spoiler and the brake vents and I am happy with how they came out while I prepped everything for the first time painting a car. I pulled a motor for the first time to prep for it. I had never painted a car before and learned that lesson well as I do no plan on doing it again... I never bolted on a supercharger before but in the grand scheme of things that doesn't seem like a big deal. First time learning to wire a motor, and tune it and still not sure how I feel about "learning" that stuff but its going....

Things I have learned along the way
- never trust the guy at autozone to hand you the spark plug you specifically asked for.
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT PLUGS!!!
- TRIPLE CHECK THAT THE PLUGS THE DUMB ASS AT AUTOZONE GAVE ARE RIGHT...
- never paint your car yourself
- keep your gas tank clean
- be sure to completely blow out your fuel lines when you make them. To it twice...
- self tuning ecu's are not just plug and play and it tunes itself

But its almost ready now. I think I finally have all the stuff I needed to polish it and I have been working on the bottom of the car while its still a little in the air to save my back. Even with that I had to take a few days off to let it recover as I have two compressed discs that do not like to stoop/lean over for long.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online