the momstang rebuild begins TOOK A TRIP AROUND THE BLOCK!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a realization last night. I shaved the door locks since they seemed out of place next to the smooth handles and thought at the time that I would be sure the alarm was working, but in worst case scenario I know its not hard to get into our cars with a coat hanger. But now with the option of actually getting it out and actually giving the keys to the shop to align it that this is that time I need to make sure the alarm is working rather than carrying a bend coat hanger with me. I was never really happy with my last alarm as it drained the battery too fast for a system that might sit for a little while in between drives so it was time for a replacement. I am going to install a window module as a bit of a back up if the power locks stop working for any reason and it will have gps tracking ability as well. I went with a compustar alarm. Thankfully since security was my thing for a number of years I hope it goes quickly.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had a realization last night. I shaved the door locks since they seemed out of place next to the smooth handles and thought at the time that I would be sure the alarm was working, but in worst case scenario I know its not hard to get into our cars with a coat hanger. But now with the option of actually getting it out and actually giving the keys to the shop to align it that this is that time I need to make sure the alarm is working rather than carrying a bend coat hanger with me. I was never really happy with my last alarm as it drained the battery too fast for a system that might sit for a little while in between drives so it was time for a replacement. I am going to install a window module as a bit of a back up if the power locks stop working for any reason and it will have gps tracking ability as well. I went with a compustar alarm. Thankfully since security was my thing for a number of years I hope it goes quickly.

I loved compustar!!!! Haven’t used them in years but they were always way ahead of dei’s products when it came to innovation.

They were the first to create the manual safe remote start and the first to use gps and cell integration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I loved compustar!!!! Haven’t used them in years but they were always way ahead of dei’s products when it came to innovation.

They were the first to create the manual safe remote start and the first to use gps and cell integration.

my old alarm was compustar or old alarms that is. I got them shortly after I got the mustang with the requirement that I could use one remote for both vehicles. It did that job well but I found out later it was not a good "set and forget" alarm and the batteries would get low after just a week. I liked all the features and how it worked it just drained the battery too fast. I hear the new ones do not have this issue and are still great alarms. I am curious about the 3 mile range they claim on the remote but the phone control makes it unlimited.

I also have this dream that I know will not come true where I unplug the old compustar, and plug in the new one and its done... pray with me.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my old alarm was compustar or old alarms that is. I got them shortly after I got the mustang with the requirement that I could use one remote for both vehicles. It did that job well but I found out later it was not a good "set and forget" alarm and the batteries would get low after just a week. I liked all the features and how it worked it just drained the battery too fast. I hear the new ones do not have this issue and are still great alarms. I am curious about the 3 mile range they claim on the remote but the phone control makes it unlimited.

I also have this dream that I know will not come true where I unplug the old compustar, and plug in the new one and its done... pray with me.

What’s the monthly run on that system?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thank you for all the compliments I enjoy reading them all after all these years of work. But now I need some opinions and I think I can trust you guys. I need to finish my ass! How should I fill in the STANG letters?
yegeEuA.jpg

yfW2fAu.jpg

Its hard to see in the pics but I have a thin red pin strip on the end/bottom of each of the diffuser slats, and I have a 1/16" red pin strip arriving tomorrow. The strip will go between the green/carbon on the hood and then a stripe on the body line around the car. With that being said I am tempted to go with some dark red letters but my first thought was to go black. I have also considered carbon fiber but I hate carbon fiber vinyl and I am not sure I have seen any real carbon letters. Another idea was to go anthricite like the wheels and I just can't decide. Please help....

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I think it would be good to match the wheels but carbon would be awesome.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I really want to do real cf but I can't find anyplace that does it. I do know some people have had success with it on their cnc though. I do not want to deal with the mess as CF is ugly on dust collection systems and worse on us if we don't use one but I am wondering if I can get/make a file for the letters and find one of them to cut it....

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Everything else you’ve done has been a challenging task that you completed meticulously, therefore I’m voting real carbon fiber.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Its been a shitty month for me. Not sure why but 3 trips to the ER/hospital in as many weeks where prior to this I had only been 2 times in 3 years. Dunno but I have still been working on it when I could. I started the alarm with the window control module so I can roll them down if the locks fail and it gets mounted in the door where the switches are. Worst part about it is that you have to run some wires through the door jam and that is probably one of my least favorite parts of installation jobs. I also decided to take the time and seal up the big hole in the middle of the door to access the window motor that the vapor barrier normally fills. I remembered seeing this method a while back and I decided to try it out. I got a sheet of .2" thick HDPE(plastic that cutting boards are made of) and use rivnuts and machine screws to mount it. I put some closed cell foam strips on the back to make a seal around the sides and put a piece of second skin sound damping on it just because I had some scrap pieces left.
7RGbMOz.jpg

The window module is mounted on the top of the door. Again I am doing this because I was too cool and shaved my door locks outside so this is my plan-b if the locks should fail for some reason. This module gives me control over both windows in both directions from the remote and will also allow for one touch operation of both windows. IF anyone wants to wire their passenger window up for one touch operation hit me up in a pm and I will sell you my old relay and its not hard to wire in.
K9ah7RP.jpg

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If it ain't one thing its another. Just as I got better my dog got sick and chasing around cleaning up after a 15 lb mutt with digestive issues at all hours will cut down on the hours available. I use to knock out alarm remote starts in a few hours but I have realized that my standards have changed a bit on wiring standards which accounts for a lot of the time. I don't like bare unlabeled wires anymore so any wires I run are in color coded techflex that is taped and heatshrinked on each end as well as labels in a few spots where I have a lot of wiring meeting.
sw9TbK3.jpg

It took about 90 mins to do that to these three wires I had to run, Have you ever installed an alarm?
nOk5Wvj.jpg

There were at least two delays while I waited on techflex. While that happened I found another project in the door. I had been wanting to mount the speaker for my remote radar detector in the sail panel behind the mirror. I didn't think it would be a big deal till I took the little square speaker pod that the radar speaker was mounted inside of and was amazed to see it had little to no mounting on a small speaker. If it were not for my cnc to rescue me I am not sure I would have finished this but I was able to cut two pieces of .12" thick acrylic with a .05" ridge/pocket around the circle. I can now mount the speaker between the pieces so it rests on that ridge and then glued it back together.
6dq6LwZ.jpg

When I got to this point I could not help but think that there was that space around the speaker and wondered what I could do with it that would be cool.
a2Fh8rs.jpg

I decided to make it light up with the radar detector warning so what I did was fire up the handy dandy cnc again and machined two rings of the .12 thick acrylic to mount the leds in, and then machined a slightly larger ring out of some of the scrap hdpe I used to plug the hole in the door to diffuse the led light. But then that got me thinking that it needed to go through the grill on the mach pod and the cloth material on it would block most of it out. So I came up with a better way of finishing them in my opinion. Forgive the orange peel I plan on doing a wet sand and polish once it cures. Its actually a black pearl paint that gives a neat pop when the light hits it.
cmBeGt4.jpg

But more importantly, the lights for the radar detector.
LPZMEmt.jpg

Tell me ya hate that shit..... Realistically the main display mounted in the clock pod is what I have always used and the led was more of just a bonus.
0n74iT0.jpg

I wish I could show you more of the alarm with out compromising the security. I came up with a really sweet secondary starter kill that I wish I could show off. Its in direct view and yet if it someone were to start messing with stuff they might trip it by accident, but the interior siren will prevent that. 108 db of super high pitch shrilling that is also called an interior pain generator. I also wish I could show off where it will be as it could not be in a louder location. In previous installs I just had it tucked under the dash but I know for that there that it was loud enough to prevent some friends from messing with me one day when I left the back window of my truck open. The warning chirps from it were enough to make them get out. I think I can finish it up tomorrow or the next day(fingers crossed)

Boostr1

Reaction score
Geez, you got some serious patience. I'm in the same boat now. Ive seen some of my old wiring work and cringe a little... but i don't have the patience to redo it right now... maybe some split loom will make it somewhat better...

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
108 pages???

one. hundred. and. eight pages??

This has got to be the longest thread on the forum. Nice work at keeping things going, Scott!

Fill in the "STANG" with autobadges black chrome.

50HSN95

Reaction score
I love the little details and all of the hidden LED lights all over, very modern flare to the old school muscle.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't believe I am still on the alarm but its been a big game of wack a gremlin figuring out where the wiring ran from the previous alarm install might have been moved to and replacing broken pieces. I am happy to say its been a little better week with my stomach problems after a slight diet change after discovering I was low on phosphoric acid and vitamin D. I am not ready to say its a real thing yet just that its been a couple good days in a row.

The alarm gremlins.... I had to hunt down the siren wire and the hood pin switch wire under the fender and that was no fun since its all tucked up nice and high. After that I installed the window control module and managed to install half of it perfectly wrong to where it worked fine off the switch and then backwards under the alarms control. Right after I figured that out, the drivers side lock actuator stopped working just dead with an input but no movement. I was happy to get one from amazon in a few days and slap it in to get it working again. Then I needed to get the trunk pop and the trunk pin switch working and those were both related to me removing the trunk lid for paint. Then I was having issues programming the shock/tilt/glass break sensor but that was just operator error as I am just not as use to compustar as I am DEI.

The alarm is really cool with the drone mobile attached. I was testing the shock sensor today and surprised that it sends notices even when the warn away sensor is tripped. I can see the battery voltage and the interior temp from the remote, my phone or on my pc and have full control of the alarm from any of them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Staff online

Members online