the momstang rebuild begins TOOK A TRIP AROUND THE BLOCK!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Stop feeding the mogwi’s after midnight and you’ll stop havin so many gremlins........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you will never freeking guess what happened. Its just unbelievable.... After a being sick for a week and then spending a day in the garage removing the wheels/bleeding the brakes and putting it all back together just wore me out. As much as I wanted to go out and try it at first light I was just too tired. I slept all damn day. Finally after dinner I woke up and decided to give it a go. I went out and got her started up and running. I wanted to get it up to 160 degrees to enter learning mode for the drive so I pulled it out into the driveway while it warmed up. I got a little worried as something sounded different but after realizing its the first time I have heard it out of the garage and with the hood down, yup it sounded different. So 160 hits and I decided to wait a little longer for the thermostat to open and get the cooling system going. Once it did I released the parking brake and eased it out of the driveway. I live on a section that has a loop but part of that loop has a hill I wanted to avoid because the brakes were still a little softer then I liked, but once I got down to the end of the road I realized they would be ok and just took the loop. I had to laugh as the neighborhood wrencher and his son were standing out on the corner to watch as I went by as they have never hung out there before..... They gave me a thumbs up, pretty sure I just returned a worried look. BUT IT WORKED!!!! I was a little worried about the noise from the back end but I think it was just some of the extra parts I have stored in the trunk. I will have to empty it out and try it again tomorrow but for the first time in 6 yrs the stang is parked forwards in the garage.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So what concerns are there now and what items are left before you actually take it out of the hood?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
windshield, registration, insurance for starters. I also need to clean all the crap out of my trunk to find out if I had rear end noise or just loose crap bouncing around.... After that a full alignment for sure and then just fine tuning on the ecu. Finally it just needs to get the cut/buff done but I will love to just rub the hell out of the thing rather then wrenching on it for a change.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Congratulations Scott! How long has it been since you have driven this car. Seems like you have had it apart since I joined the forum back in 2009.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its been a little over 6 yrs since I drove it. I realized last night now that I can move the car, I need to clean the garage :(

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Woohoo! Now just patiently waiting for some nice outdoor photos..........

I pulled the car out today to clean the garage. For the first time I was able to see the rear diffuser from more then 3 ft away and I was dying to take a pic but didn't have my phone on me and I still need to buff the hell out of it. Its coming trust me but its just nice to be able to start it up now....

1994stangfan

Reaction score
I pulled the car out today to clean the garage. For the first time I was able to see the rear diffuser from more then 3 ft away and I was dying to take a pic but didn't have my phone on me and I still need to buff the hell out of it. Its coming trust me but its just nice to be able to start it up now....

I can’t wait to see it!!!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Feel like its been plenty of time to back it out and go snap snap with a smartphone and upload for all us poor folks......................................

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
your right it has been. While I am over the moon excited that its running I am completely embarrassed at the condition of the body. I still need to get the windshield replaced and because of that I have not installed the a-c pillars and then most of the paint is in some stage of the cut/buff so it just looks like hell honestly....

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Man, I DROVE my car around when it was 4 different colors. You can post us a picture at least. It really can’t be that bad. It is a project after all.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
your right it has been. While I am over the moon excited that its running I am completely embarrassed at the condition of the body. I still need to get the windshield replaced and because of that I have not installed the a-c pillars and then most of the paint is in some stage of the cut/buff so it just looks like hell honestly....

We don't care about any of that! We just want to see it out of the garage...

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sorry for the delay. My first priority after the car was moving was to clean/organize the garage a bit. After all this time it was just trashed and between it and my usual stomach stuff I have not paid any attention to the car till today. I was going to pull it out and snap a few pics but paid no attention to the weather report and now we have what is left of that tropical storm pounding us so far with 1.5" of rain in the past 12 hrs. So I decided to go with it and did some wet sanding to work towards the polish. Spent some time on the back end so here is a teaser.
43648195715_21abeef5e6_c.jpg

I have to say I enjoyed wet sanding for the first time. A little metallica and its not to bad.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I almost forgot you smoothed the wing into the trunk, looks kick ass! There seems to be plenty of space to work in that clean garage now

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm getting ancy! Take some pictures dammit!

Patients grasshopper we can see the light at the end of the tunnel but don't let it blind you.

I could not sleep last night so I figured what the hell, its cool in the garage now so I went out and spent 2 hours wet sanding it. Today I spent a little time messing with the tune because while it starts up fairly easy cold and runs great it will not even sputter to try and start once its hot so I have been spending time on the holley forum learning about start up enrichment and a few other things. I took a couple of trips around the block trying to get the abs to activate so I can finish bleeding it but while the wheels would lock up the abs never did activate so I need to figure out whats wrong there. While it was cooling and I was waiting for replies I spent some more time with 2500 grit and was happy to realize the passenger side was much closer then the drivers side that I did the night before. I have been working from the window line down so far because I do not have the door seals in while waiting for the windshield to be replaced tuesday and then after that I just need to rub out the roof after replacing the pillars/seals. Hopefully I can sort out the abs problems now while I am taking a short break from rubbing it before I go back out to finish the front bumper. I already have the pads and compounds ready for the porter cable ready and lined up after organizing the garage and actually wanted to break them out this afternoon but its not ready for it yet. All good things come to those that wait. Sorry but its not for lack of work going on, hopefully I can stay on my feet and keep cranking on it.

I have to laugh as my trips around the block are making me feel almost like the pied piper now. The first trip I took by the time I got to the end of my street I was surprised to see a group hanging out at the stop sign. They are gear heads for sure and its not uncommon to see them in the garage but in the nearly 10 yrs I have been here I have never seen them(6 including some friends) around the stop sign but they said they heard it coming and wanted to see/hear it. Today I did one of my abs checks in front of another neighbors house that also happens to be a gear head and he has been keeping tabs on the project so I gave it a few good revs and then went back to my garage. I was not in there for more then a few minutes before he pulled up in the driveway(he is elderly so he drove the 6 houses down) to see and hear it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online