the momstang rebuild begins TOOK A TRIP AROUND THE BLOCK!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I swear if I didn't have bad luck I would have no luck. I ended up having an issue with a few switches where they did not work or worked off and on. I was afraid that during the fitting of the pieces with some sanding/fitting that I got enough dust into the switch that it did not work. I had the correct power/ground at the harnesses that plugged in so it had to be the switches I thought. Talked to the manf and they were really cool to send a new set out for free even though I told them that it was my fault. I got the switches in yesterday and finally got them in today and found I was still having the same issues. After a really close inspection of the harnesses that plug into the switches I found that the pins in the harnesses were not aligned perfectly and when pushed together it was pushing the harness connector just far enough back that it was not making contact. After spending a little time to figure this out and then more time to correct it I finally got to see it all together, in place and working. But I did switch to a different looking switch that I think looks better myself. Now I can finally put stuff together and.....
46139709644_48ed33b95c_b.jpg

45950278115_d94104f7a8_b.jpg

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
REALLY happy with how it turned out now that its in. The only thing I can think of changing is that I might try to make the trim ring out of aluminum and polish it as my first aluminum project since I have the size down now but otherwise I just want to see the seat back in it. Right now its made from acrylic and has chrome vinyl on the back which is why it looks kinda fuzzy in some spots.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got the lights in for the dash display. These do not light up as bright as the other lighting pieces but I like that being that they face me. I can only light up one at at time right now as I only have on 120v inverter for the lights. The isolator light is blue when it lights up.
39909667973_1644e5ea95_b.jpg

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have had some people ask if I could make a switch panel for them. Let me know if your interested I am trying to figure out how much would be fair to pay.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
don't you love it when you spend enough time(weeks) on trying to figure out what was wrong that you are frustrated enough that you have to step away for sanity? And then when you do get back into it, spend some time looking at manuals and other crap only to figure out that its a problem you created and it didn't even really exist to begin with?! After installing the switch boxes I noticed that for some reason the abs indicator(SMOKE MODE) was not turning off. When I installed the switch boxes and switch panel I wired up two switches so that one would power up just the stereo portion for shows, and another would power up the ignition to run the water pump/fan and to allow me to mess with tuning crap with out the key in and the door binger "bing binging" away. I had to take a little time to diode isolate some of the wiring so it would not get power to do this and since then I have just been using the switches to power up the ignition and that was when I noticed the abs light stayed on. After a lot of thought today, tracing wires, checking connections I decided to do something I had not yet tried, I turned the key... To my amazement the light came on for 3 secs like it was supposed to and then turned off just like it was supposed to and now the eject/line lock turns it on the way it should.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks fellas I am happy to see it all together now. Looks better then that stupid head light switch sticking out at the very least. I was wanting to start it up again yesterday for the first time in months to make sure I didn't mess up any wiring but I remember when my hard drive melted down 2 weeks ago that I need to reload the efi software. For some reason it give me some weird err about side by side compatability or something. I hate computers...

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
no idea what an ssd is. I learned early in my tech career that I hated broken computers, and hated fixing them even more. I took it to a tech that did it and I will probably drop in and see whats wrong as it seems like it has something to do with the way windows was loaded. It give me a process err 14001 that says something about side by side config was not right.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ssd= solid state drive. If your Hdd, which means hard disk drive crashed it’s a good time to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online