the momstang rebuild begins TOOK A TRIP AROUND THE BLOCK!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
For thirty bucks I would just get a new one and not worry about it. Gas is such a strong solvent I'd be nervous about many glues.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
For thirty bucks I would just get a new one and not worry about it. Gas is such a strong solvent I'd be nervous about many glues.
I agree. Now if you can find a new one that fits let me know and I will pay for it but that little valve is only on 94/95 and has been discontinued. I found a GM version locally that is close but its .2" wider in diameter. It gets pushed through a pretty thick gasket and with some oil/grease on it I think it could be pushed in but not sure if it would ever come out. I can find a ford fox body version but there are no numbers on the diameter to know if it will fit or not and its not available locally. I have it ordered and will be here friday with the idea that I can return it if I need to, try forcing the gm in if it doesn't work or plan c will be to epoxy the nipple back on and call it a day but otherwise its turned into a quest for that little piece of shit.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. Now if you can find a new one that fits let me know and I will pay for it but that little valve is only on 94/95 and has been discontinued. I found a GM version locally that is close but its .2" wider in diameter. It gets pushed through a pretty thick gasket and with some oil/grease on it I think it could be pushed in but not sure if it would ever come out. I can find a ford fox body version but there are no numbers on the diameter to know if it will fit or not and its not available locally. I have it ordered and will be here friday with the idea that I can return it if I need to, try forcing the gm in if it doesn't work or plan c will be to epoxy the nipple back on and call it a day but otherwise its turned into a quest for that little piece of shit.

I'm sorry I thought you had linked to an Amazon thing that had it for $30

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm sorry I thought you had linked to an Amazon thing that had it for $30
I did but its for a fox body and no way to tell if it fits. Anything sn related has the solenoid built in for the pressure circuit to know if there is a leak and then napa had something for $280. If I knew the napa stuff would fit I might be willing to pay that in order to know everything in the tank is new and with the pump now removed hopefully its a LONG time before it ever comes down again.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I almost have the tank polished off now I just need to pic up some screws that go to the diffuser side pieces. I know everyone gets rid of the charcoal canister that the line from that valve connects to. Do you just leave the line cut up front or in the back or install an air-check valve?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Had a couple of bad weeks and ended up back in the hospital the first week of april. That sucks but in good news it had been 16 months since the last time I was there compared to my worst year where I was admitted 14 times....

Then my brother came into town and I have to laugh a little because when he is home I shelf all my car projects because he is not a car guy and there would be no better way to alienate him then to say I would be in the garage wrenching if he wants to hang out. So then of course he tells me he wants to change his oil, fix his antenna and check his battery and by he I mean me.... I am happy to help him anytime I can just like he would me but have to laugh a little at the irony.

Not sure what was wrong with the car exactly. It would start, run for a few secs and then die. After looking at the data I saw the fuel pressure was only getting up to 17 psi and I am expecting 45. I was worried the pump was F'ed up but hoped that maybe just the fpr or something. I took it off, took it apart and didn't see anything but now after reinstalling it all and adjusting the pressure it started up and stayed running. Crap I might just put it on the ground tomorrow, the devil might shiver a little.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What’s left to actually be able to drive it Scott??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the only thing that has been keeping me from the road has been the headlights. Hopefully I can aim them tomorrow evening and then start to seal them up. Guess it will be time to call on the insurance.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
man the best laid out plans can always be spoiled. Shortly after I typed all that up last night around 9:30 our door bell rang. I could tell it was our neighbor and he said that he was having an emergency with sugar(his dog I help with) and needed my help. She had managed to break end off one of the metal rods on her crate off at the end and then rammed the rod through the pad of her paw. Naturally that hurt like hell so she would jump/jerk back away from the direction she needed to move. She was hurt bad enough she already bit my neighbor and anytime we touched the cage or her she wanted to jump. We managed to cut the cage off in the 3 points that were still holding it and at that point she had a cross shaped piece of metal hanging out of her paw. With the way she was lashing out/biting at well him(she never did at me) we decided to carry her out in the cage(50 lb dog in a cage) which in the process I hurt my shoulder. Of course then we rush to the emergency animal hospital but about half way there I notice she has got the metal out now, and was licking the would clean. By the time we got there it stopped bleeding and she was not limping and pulling us around on her leash. They agreed that she could wait till tomorrow and save the emergency costs, and then noticed how bad my neighbors hand was bleeding and bandaged him up. We didn't get home till 11:30 and it wasn't till I was wide awake at 2 AM that I realized how much adrenaline had kicked in. Today I have been tired as hell and as the day goes on my shoulder gets more and more sore. I didn't think I would get anything done but my stomach was good today and I really wanted to get it on the ground so after dinner I did. I could not help but start it up and thankfully it fired right up. I have a list of things I want to do tomorrow from insurance/registration to finding a shop that can do alignments and has the computer to bleed the abs pump.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So there is a specific procedure for bleeding the abs pump.

Yep, it’s called eliminate it and never worry about bleeding it again!!!! [emoji1787]

But if you wanna keep it then it has to be cycled and even then it can be a pain to get the air out.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been considering this for a while now. Leaning hard towards doing it.

On my 95 it’s easy. Since they were available from the factory without them I just need to find a set of front lines from a non abs car. That or just get a bender and make em myself.

I know the block is the quickest and easiest but I’d rather clean it all up while I’m at it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online