The "New Look". Ready for spring now...

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Wheels refinished satin black, got the mach 1 lip/ delete and she's got just the right stance. Now all it needs is a good detail job and some warm weather... And maybe a procharger or Vortech. lol

heres a couple new shots... All cleaned up. It was 66 yesterday and I got to cruise around with the top down finally!
image_zpsn5gxguw3.jpg

image_zpsmtcc7pt0.jpg

image_zpscrthrin2.jpg

image_zpsqrieiout.jpg

image_zpsr7bwgz8c.jpg

image_zps0ubzuxti.jpg

image_zpsrb6zkswc.jpg

I wasnt completely happy with the zinc yellow until now. Still have plans to paint it, but with the black wheels I can definately work with this for a while. What do you guys think?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Looking good man! The black rims look great with the yellow paint, you have done some nice work in the short time you've owned it

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Looking good man! The black rims look great with the yellow paint, you have done some nice work in the short time you've owned it

Thanks man. I don't like to waste time! Hah. Now I can focus on some performance related stuff. Thinking about grabbing a roll cage that kinda resembles a style bar next so I can take her out on the road course in the spring.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like screaming yellow more than zinc. My girlfriend loves zinc yellow new edges though.

Great looking car though!

Sinned83

Reaction score
I was kinda feeling the machined look wheels to be honest

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
The clear coat was VERY BAD and chipping to no end. I tried my hardest to polish them out.. Even started with 180 grit and worked all the way up to 1200 the aluminum rouge polish but it just wasn't happening. Maybe I'll take the black off just the star parts of the wheels one day and give it another go but I'm really liking the black and ive been getting compliments all day. Hah.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Not being rude but I've never liked that yellow, but I really like the terminator yellow! The car does look good though with the chin spoiler and grille delete!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not bad. That color looks almost like dakar yellow in that lighting.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Im liking it! The black wheels, black tires, black wheel wells,...their needs to be something to break it up. To much black,...maybe a yellow pin strip on the rim of the wheels...? All in all...she looks great!

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Looks great man. What springs/how much did u cut to get that stance?

Took the stock convertible coils out and cut a set of 04 factory coupe coils I had sitting in the garage for a couple years. The vert coils were close to an inch taller. So its factory coupe springs with a full coil off the rear and a coil and a quarter off the front. No ISOs at all. Was a little bouncy at first but since the springs broke back in, the car rides just as nice as my white 98 with H&Rs IF NOT BETTER. Very surprised with the result of cutting the stockers. It's gotta be the combo of extra weight of the vert with cut coupe coils. No idea but it sits perfect.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I like screaming yellow more than zinc. My girlfriend loves zinc yellow new edges though.

Great looking car though!

Agreed. Screaming yellow is much nicer.

My girlfriend hates the color and keeps calling it "the school bus". Think shes just mad cause we both had white mustangs until now.
I'm sure she'll get over it when the weather warms up and she starts asking if she can drive "the convertible". . Haha

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Not being rude but I've never liked that yellow, but I really like the terminator yellow! The car does look good though with the chin spoiler and grille delete!

Me neither.... But hey, i made out like a bandit on this deal, and all its gonna take is a sonic blue makeover to make it really nice. Not sure if i mentioned the family business i grew up into is paint and body work... so it wont be long. HEH

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online