The new Mach 1 !!!!!!!!

98snakehorse

Reaction score
With more technology comes more potential issues but I really like the direct fuel injection. Allows the use of E85 without any fuel upgrades in an NA setup. Hoping it stays reliable but I think ford has it pretty well figured out with the Direct and Port fuel injection working together.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's like a PP2 GT with a few parts from the bin. Disappointed with the lack of a shaker and that would keep me from buying one. I am sure there is a design that could have been made to fit the new body lines. It does get the GT350 trans so that's a plus.

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Dis-A-ppointed.
Nice looking car, and a great effort in reviving the Mach 1 nameplate over the Mach E stunt they pulled.
But isn't it just a Bullitt with a new name and 480hp?
The price point is probably going to be questionable between the GT and the GT500. And I'm sure Dealer Markup will certainly put the price out of "normal" range for most buyers.

OP
OP
Werecow

Werecow

Reaction score
I think imma buy one, take it home for a week, then take it back and bitch cause it's a stick shift.... Then I'll post in here where it's at so's one of y'all can get it really cheap cause they'll have to sell it as a used car.. Eh???

lutter94

Reaction score
With more technology comes more potential issues but I really like the direct fuel injection. Allows the use of E85 without any fuel upgrades in an NA setup. Hoping it stays reliable but I think ford has it pretty well figured out with the Direct and Port fuel injection working together.

Hasn't the 5.0 allowed for E85 since 2001? It has in the pickups, I guess I'd assume Mustangs allowed it also. But I suppose Mustangs were always heavy HP compared to the pickup version, so fuel lines would have to be massive to be oversized enough for E85....

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Hasn't the 5.0 allowed for E85 since 2001? It has in the pickups, I guess I'd assume Mustangs allowed it also. But I suppose Mustangs were always heavy HP compared to the pickup version, so fuel lines would have to be massive to be oversized enough for E85....

The mustang fuel system from 2011 to 2014 from the factory could not handle the extra fuel requirements for E-85 and would require injector upgrades. The 2015-2017 could get by with E85 as long as they stuck with the factory intake manifold but would still be pushing the factory fuel system to its edge. The 2018+ Gen3 Coyote has 16 fuel injectors so can pretty much handle any N/A Boltons + E85 without the need to upgrade.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Dis-A-ppointed.
Nice looking car, and a great effort in reviving the Mach 1 nameplate over the Mach E stunt they pulled.
But isn't it just a Bullitt with a new name and 480hp?
The price point is probably going to be questionable between the GT and the GT500. And I'm sure Dealer Markup will certainly put the price out of "normal" range for most buyers.
Makes you wanna ask
Can we have a do over
When I look at it looks like a mustang gt
Without the iconic shaker hood
Just a plain mustang

lutter94

Reaction score
The mustang fuel system from 2011 to 2014 from the factory could not handle the extra fuel requirements for E-85 and would require injector upgrades. The 2015-2017 could get by with E85 as long as they stuck with the factory intake manifold but would still be pushing the factory fuel system to its edge. The 2018+ Gen3 Coyote has 16 fuel injectors so can pretty much handle any N/A Boltons + E85 without the need to upgrade.
So is it both direct and port injection now? Nice to keep those valves clean

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boostr1

Reaction score
How s550s look with the shaker
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/shaker-hood.50875/

Biggest let down. No shaker no uniqueness...... Just a GT with a good trans and some stickers, they didnt even try with the mach wheels (im not even a fan of the stock mach wheels).

would have been cool to get a street legal version of the cobra jet

Looks like crap on the Orange s550s just to small. It looks pretty good on that black Roush... I think because it's going thru the raised cowl/scoop it gives it a larger appearance which makes it look better.

joe65

Reaction score
Looks like crap on the Orange s550s just to small. It looks pretty good on that black Roush... I think because it's going thru the raised cowl/scoop it gives it a larger appearance which makes it look better.

Kind of agreeing with you. Not sold on the s550 having a shaker now. Something different about the hood though is needed imo.

NEURON

Reaction score
I looked at the Mach 1's when they came out, a shaker hood was not a normal part of the package, by putting it on the last iteration I think it confused people on its significance. The shaker hood was even on Ranchero's but the unique cladding etc and later the NASA Hood was Mach 1. Oh and unlike the previous GT's the base engine was not a 4 BBL and I saw Mach1's with drum front brakes too. The insurance company laughed at me when I asked about insuring it, but they said OK on a '70 Sports Roof,AT, 351 Cleveland 4 BBL., equipped exactly like the Mach 1. No go for a stick and a V8 back then.
1 (4).png

OP
OP
Werecow

Werecow

Reaction score
Bloody hell..... Now if it would just sound like a flat plane crank 5.2 at about 7,500.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online