the "no replacement for displacement" thread

Schiffy

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Tell the no replacement for displacement argument to the guys with 3.0 liters making a reliable 700hp...not to mention our puny 4.6 is also capable of some really high hp potential...Large displacement engines are nice and nostalgic but are not needed on street cars to make power like in the old days.

As true as that statement might be... it's still a cool feeling when somebody asks whats under the hood of your stock looking '95 Gt, and you tell them a 408. LOL... I have a buddy with an '88 Camaro, it HAD a 502 in it, that 502 with a 400 shot of gas was pushing well into the 3 zero's range... though it was set up in stages so the suspension could handle it... big motors still can equal big power if built right. think of what the old Hemi's and cobra jets could have been, had they had the tools and knowledge and computers of today...

btw; he HAD the 502 in the Camaro, it's now about to go in his GTO, he wanted to drive the Slomaro everyday, so he picked up an LS7 engine when we got back from Deployment about 3 weeks ago O0

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i agree with the statment totally and i feel people need to look at it with motors from the same eras and in the same vehicles.... as stated a 408w will stomp a 347 ....and so on... not saying that smaller engines cant haul or make serious power but if you do the same mods to two motors of different displacements the larger one will make more power

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
i agree with the statment totally and i feel people need to look at it with motors from the same eras and in the same vehicles.... as stated a 408w will stomp a 347 ....and so on... not saying that smaller engines cant haul or make serious power but if you do the same mods to two motors of different displacements the larger one will make more power

absolutely +1 O0 O0 O0

firstonraceday

Reaction score
Its insane some of the power some of the 4cyl guys make...John Shep 1000+ on a daily driven car...all that power comes from a turbo... what happens when you put that same turbo on a bigger motor you do the math O0 BiG Cubes> small cubes

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
firstonraceday said:
Its insane some of the power some of the 4cyl guys make...John Shep 1000+ on a daily driven car...all that power comes from a turbo... what happens when you put that same turbo on a bigger motor you do the math O0 BiG Cubes> small cubes

true again. strip away that turbo and that 4 banger is useless compared to a v8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online