The Ride

voidfinger

Reaction score
Hey i'm swapping out my factory crappy struts and shocks for some KYB GR2's and i'm really wanting the car to ride good. I was considering putting on polyeurothan bushings but some people have been tellimg me that they would make my car feel like a rock. Is this true? also would you just replace the rubber bushings and stuff if you wanted a good ride? thanks

Rantheman

Reaction score
well poly bushing cause lex flex and longer life than rubber which in some cases depending on what you replace it could feel like a rock I have always like delum spherical bearing bushing from global west but I would use that on all parts good luck!!

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
so are you saying that if i want a better ride quality then i need to stick with rubber?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Which bushings are you talking about specifically?

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
I was going to do the whole bushing kit that you can get for about 150 without the trans mount.........I really need the front end bushings b/c i got poping comeing from somewhere and i've had people tell me either spring bushings or controll arm bushings........ i was just going to change them all out but my brother told me that would be a bad move since i was going for ride quality.... what do you thing ????

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well urathane bushings would make it more responsive. Ride a bit stiffer, depends I waht you like for feel.
I like a more solid responsive ride, but not harsh.
Harsh ride can be caused by a number of things.

Poping can be the ball joint, or maybe you want CC plates.
Hard to say, Could be a bushing, or it could be something else.
Some ppl like the cobra A-arm since they have a little better bushings.

Also the Struts make a big differene in ride quality, paired with how low your car is.

Is it lowered?

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Yea its lowered with an eibach prokit with an extra coil cut off. It use to ride good but then the shocks wore out and then this damn poping sound started happening, it might be the cc plates since they have over 100k on them. I don't know........I want the car to be responcive but i hate an harsh ride. THe KYB GR'2 s are suppose to be a really smooth ride but then what about the bushings?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How low did you go?

I'd recomend CC plates. MM - 4 bolt plastes are good and strong, and affordable.
Arts Perf has them in the site sponsor forum, or you can go direct to MM.

You'll wanna determin what is poping.

You could always do the struts and plates, and if it still pop's, you'll wanna check the a-arms.

If you go real low, it will ride harsh reguardless, you also may want a bump-steer.

:santa_smiley:

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Yea i got steeda CC plates and i got the new struts too. I'm thinking i'm just going to get the bushing kit from prothain and get some bump steers and call it a day and if it still pops then f it.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Steeda CC plates and not great. I had a pair on my old fox and the rubber bushing where you adjust the camber ripped right off. Steeda's have a nutorious reputation for this. Max. Motorsports all the way.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
.......................................................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................My steeda's are sphirical bushings not rubber......I've heard about the the control arm bushings by steeda doing that though.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
o and jpa..... how do you port a pi intake.....I saw it in you sig and i was just wondering.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online