The right cylinder heads and boost - SC Guys come in

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What these guys are saying all comes back to what do you want? :)

The 2.1 KB like my FRPP Eaton is a street blower and not going to get you past 500hp and that is at the max end of its efficiency. Comparing the 2.1 to big Centris is not apples to apples. You would need a 2.6 or 2.8 to be in that range.

I like to be @400-500rwhp in my street driven cars for fun and reliability. I always found that once you got north of 500hp it became less fun to drive on a daily basis because shit would break more often.

This is why the new cars are so damn amazing, 600+hp and daily drivability at a blink of an eye. Makes me want a Coyote car.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
The step-up ratio's in the Prochargers are higher than Vortech/Paxtons, allowing for a larger sized pulley to equal the same amount of boost that a smaller pulley would on the Vortech/Paxton. Im running a 3" pulley on my D1 and see 12-14lbs (my heads are ported to hell). A 3" pulley on a stock heads/cam 2V would yield roughly 16-18lbs. I am on the verge of slipping, but no problems so far. If I start to slip, I'll coat the pulley for $80.

Nice would you coat the crank pulley only right? You should post up some vids of your car in here. I would love to see it.

What these guys are saying all comes back to what do you want? :)

The 2.1 KB like my FRPP Eaton is a street blower and not going to get you past 500hp and that is at the max end of its efficiency. Comparing the 2.1 to big Centris is not apples to apples. You would need a 2.6 or 2.8 to be in that range.

I like to be @400-500rwhp in my street driven cars for fun and reliability. I always found that once you got north of 500hp it became less fun to drive on a daily basis because shit would break more often.

This is why the new cars are so damn amazing, 600+hp and daily drivability at a blink of an eye. Makes me want a Coyote car.

Its very tempting, I would get both. Built Sn95 and new coyote haha.