THE RPM ACT

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Has anyone signed the rpm act protection of motor sports
This new law will take your rights away from modifying you car or any cars in the 50 states
I just signed the petition

Makoto

Reaction score
in my view i hope the federal government reachest too far too fast too often to such a degree that it pisses off enough people to recognize just how screwed up washington is and either fix it or cut it off.

that said, i did sign and will never comply with whatever nonsense they try to force on us.

OP
OP
RAU03MACH

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
in my view i hope the federal government reachest too far too fast too often to such a degree that it pisses off enough people to recognize just how screwed up washington is and either fix it or cut it off.

that said, i did sign and will never comply with whatever nonsense they try to force on us.
Well thay are going after guns right now
Every thing else will be cakewalk for these idiots

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
a year or two ago I saw on the joe rogan podcast where he said that they way politics goes is that it just flips back/forth between the two sides, a little further/more extreme each time. When I heard that and thought about how it would flip this time from trump to whomever and was a little scared. I am just as frightened to see what happens now when it goes back now...

OP
OP
RAU03MACH

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Here is a reply I got back from New Mexico

Thank you for contacting me. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

H.R. 5434, the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act was introduced by Representative Patrick McHenry (R-NC) on December 16, 2019. This legislation would amend the Clean Air Act (CAA) to exempt modifying a motor vehicle to be used strictly for competition such as racing. This exemption would not apply to vehicles that are used on public roads or for transportation purposes.

When Congress passed the CAA, it did not intend to extend emission standards to vehicles “used solely for competition”, however, there is not an explicit statute within the CAA which exempts competition vehicles. This legislation would clarify that competition vehicles would be exempt, aligning with the Environmental Protection Agency’s own directives as stated in a September 2002 Frequently Asked Questions memorandum. This legislation expired at the end of the 117th Congress. However, I would be happy to support the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act should it be reintroduced this Congress.

Competition motorsports are an important part of life for New Mexicans with several racetracks such as the Southern New Mexico Speedway near Las Cruces, the Road Runner Speedway in Carlsbad, and the Hobbs Motorsports Park. New Mexicans should be allowed to freely engage in competition in motorsports without burdensome government regulation unfairly targeting the sport.

Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to serve you in the House of Representatives and I hope you will continue to share your thoughts and ideas in the future. You can also find me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, and subscribe to my email updates at herrell.house.gov.

Sincerely,

G5uyV4ISqMjvns_8BqlxL3nhQnYldafCjuI_0R4O83Gww8Og9csAQtBQ1PvZfrkj7vGdVl23VgFuwMYWo7ZII3zV9dBrUp0uO2fQy7WT5cV6NRUYOxGs2yxtb2yY5jNJxV-TAsYzQSXZCaW02xY-4CvsxShcWSw=s0-d-e1-ft

Rep. Yvette Herrell
Member of Congress

zpvFQLYi-0ar2UTM4R5Tj3-Gy7XZ_ON2OMZf973rSmpr2eFCWbisIvsjCuWLwFQGXF10kZCiWoIANQ2qSMrbGVFPOQB2SYUI-SuINX77BntkY_wKFEsnJdStNG6OaAJPjixQ12jCgF0mnUSs6Q-ULeBGwTEt9lsMt1OPbOBcl4NYGhg_wwCNV5cjdEgGbolvLjHjmXDRsxJjT3jTZ1LR0uwWfw9OBALLTnaPbg1c5XfM8BtKYnY63ANBz4-tY1YWnmI2Kq2WRY2skW0U2q1TInxemXTqYCaS=s0-d-e1-ft

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online