the slow white guy build.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
You are scraping the k member brace. There is a solid 8 or so inch wide section that protects the oil pan. I have H&R Super sport springs and when I first installed them I left out the lower isolator, big mistake! The car looked great but I hated how it scraped on everything.

I have both upper and lower iso's now and the car only scrapes occasionally if I'm not paying attention. "oh, the joy of a lowered car"

If I ever do an aftermarket K member I will use the Stifflers brace kit.

My old coupe rarely ever scraped the ground but I will take the Vert any day!

I never drive with the top up.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but convertibles have an extra x brace up front to reduce the body flex (put there to compensate for the lack of roof structure that the coupe has) that hangs down lower than the k member. I would guess this is what is scraping and not the actual k member. @Tally4.6 might be able to give you a solution, I remember in his build thread he removed a mangled brace at one point but I don't know what he replaced it with.

My coupe is lowered almost as much as your car but I don't have any scraping issues, hopefully a convertible guy can chime in and send you in the right direction!

You forgot the underscore, lol.

Sent from Tha Trap House

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Yeah it's the x brace. Multiple accounts of me throwin sparks with my H&R setup. Can't use with a tubular K though.

98ac66b709dd1f1de34bbee075f6eab5.jpg

fb6e306769af2b42935b7138226b6812.jpg

Sent from Tha Trap House

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online