The stang feels much better now

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well this weekend i have been doing some smaller things to the stang. One thing that bothered me was the spark plug wires. They were red universal fms ones (mostly) with some shitty orangle thermal cover down by the plugs. It looked pretty crappy and there was an odd black one (old one must have layed on the header) and the coil wire was different also but atleast it was red lol. So i ordered a set of black livewires along with a new accel cap and rotor. Then i also cleaned the iac out and while poking around i found that the pvc valve was not plugged into the grommet it was just laying behind the motor so i plugged that back in. The car feels much better now and looks a lot better getting rid of the shitty wires and boots. here are the old wires
IMG_0254.jpg
IMG_0256.jpg

For a fairly small amount of $$ (well the livewires arent cheap) the car feels a lot better now. I just took it for a quick drive down the road as i need to get an alignment cuz i also put on mm c/c plates so it is getting a new alignment tomorrow.

On a side note i noticed one of my tires on my pickup was a little low on air so i went to air it up and while airing it up i realized that it was missing a lugnut!! Now a few months before i got the stang i put new rims on it and had the local tireshop put them on and i have not had them off since so it was there fuck up. Then i was going to put one of the old lugs back on it for now so i went to the bag that had the old ones in it that the tire shop had put in to find one of the brand new lugs in it. They fucking forgot to put one of the lugnuts on!! :rant: i checked all the rest and they are tight and luckily nothing happened. As ron white said i guess one of the guys must have missed lugnut day at tire college. :nonono:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
thats good to hear man, I figured it would be more crisp after that work you did on her ;) those old ones looked pretty rough :-\

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
tell me about my buddy had the same problem with the wire's touching the runners and it would burn right through the wire and misfire happened like 4 times already less then a year

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
tell him to get livewires. I believe they claim you can let them lay on the headers and it wont hurt them. They arent cheap wires (i believe it was around 100 for em) but they are the best and last a very long time ( i dont think i will ever need to get new ones)

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
cool ill tell him that.... its worth the $100 bucks he's already passed that withthe 4 sets he bought thanks man

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya no problem. I was thinking of maybe just getting some taylors msds etc. but then i heard everyone talking about these so i figured why not and i am happy i did (even though they have only been on for a few days)

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Just got back from the alignment shop. The car feels like it has much more power since fixing all those little things. The guys at the shop liked it too lol. The one that did the alignment said he really like the mm c/c plates on it and wished all cars had em lol. The other guy asked me if i had done some tweaking on the motor lol. He said he thought someone pulled a stock car up this morning lol. They were like man that thing really pulls hard (which i dont know if i am thrilled about them rodding it but i suppose it will happen no damage done no big deal). The alignment only cost me 45 and i got a ride to pick it up from my dad and he was like wow thats pretty cheap to which they responded "well we figured we would take some money off for the gas we burnt up test driving it" and then "we took $20 off for rubber that we used up". Then i said well it is pry more than $20 because those tires aint cheap (bfg kdw). :laugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online