The Stang Is Back!!!

eman11500

Reaction score
It's been quite a long time since i've posted on here, but of course i've been lurking as always. I'm glad to see how all of your mustangs are coming along!
Anyways, you guys might remember my black 97 GT that I first presented back in August. I got the paintjob and posted that on here too and got some awesome feedback! Well, finally, i've saved up enough money to go out and actually make my car presentable. Here's my car when I bought it.
DSC_0171_zps52e2ba63.jpg

I KNOW! It was quite ugly at the time with spray painted bumpers, bald tires, and a dirty interior.
Then I finally got new tires and a paintjob for around 1300$ together.

20130930_1630261_zpsa23ed61b.jpg

The paintjob did a pretty great job as well, but i've finally put a few more touches on it in the past few days to make the stang look way better in my opinion.

I went from this:
2014-02-17164318_zps63ba4195.jpg

To this:
2014-02-18134708_zps45973c97.jpg

I bought some Cobra Type R rims with tread off of a fellow stang owner on craigslist. I also bought light covers and a chin spoiler off of American Muscle. I got the rims and tires for about 725$ and believed it was a pretty good deal. I didn't realize there's a plug in the sidewall of one of the rear tires and the only company that makes 315/45/17's anymore is nitto for 250$ a pop. If you guys have any ideas on how to repair the tire feel free to tell me, it's only about the size of a pen tip.
Anyways, I hope you guys like this post and I welcome your feedback for future plans for Ol' Reliable. :laugh:
Have a nice day!​

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Ha yeah I remember this car... Looks good man! Big difference. The Cobra R's and mach lip really stand out now. Awesome progress

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Lookin good! I just ordered a front lip for mine, after the last pic I'm glad I did

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Nice! Car changed a lot with the paint job and wheels.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I remember it too! Huge improvement.. Oh and your car looks like a clone of mine. I had a black pony, headlight covers, chrome wheels. Loved it. nice work man!

OP
OP
E

eman11500

Reaction score
Very cool man, coming along nicely! Are there any other plans for the car?

Of course! I'm working on visual enhancements for now until I get a better paying job this summer hopefully. As of right now my plans are Lowering Springs, 20% Tint all around, My "Move Over" Decal I just ordered for the windshield, tinting the back lights, Metal Bumper Inserts, and racing seats if I can find a good set for the right price.
After all of this, i'm going to get into the exhaust work and then the fun part, the engine. I'm hopefully going to either save up enough for a vortec supercharger kit or a built crate engine swap.

SWFLGT

Reaction score
Oh nice, that's an awesome list! I'm sure you will but keep us all posted on the progress, it's fun to watch the transformation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online