the ultimate forum question....

segg05

Reaction score
this has got to be the most often asked question on the forums.

my car...
96 gt 5 spd
air inlet (cai)
deleted cats
zex 100 hp dry shot (please dont flame the dry shot)
2 1/4 exhaust w/ flowmasters
frpp aluminum driveshaft
frpp 4.10s
superior evo8 axles
summit rear upper and lowers
kyb shocks and quads
eibach pro kit
frpp 95 cobra r 17x9s
275/40/17 tires ecsta supras
and a zoom kevlar clutch (dunno if that was a good choice but i was real tight on cash and its my daily)

so what do yall think its capable of 1/4 wise? im not expecting anything amazing. i dunno what they run stock so i cant really even guesstimate. i got a buddy that wants me to go to the track with him soon and i want a ballpark figure so im not too let down by it. mind you i'm kinda new to rwd. had the car for almost a year but never really raced it around too much other than f'n around with friends. i beat a 2000 gt 5spd w/ an exhaust (before any of the suspension, rearend stuff, and driveshaft) but that aint anything to be proud of.

some tips for the track would be nice too. caus i dont know much of anything when it comes to taking this thing to the track. i wish i could find some drag radials though.

4point6GT

Reaction score
segg05 said:
this has got to be the most often asked question on the forums.

my car...
96 gt 5 spd
air inlet (cai)
deleted cats
zex 100 hp dry shot (please dont flame the dry shot)
2 1/4 exhaust w/ flowmasters
frpp aluminum driveshaft
frpp 4.10s
superior evo8 axles
summit rear upper and lowers
kyb shocks and quads
eibach pro kit
frpp 95 cobra r 17x9s
275/40/17 tires ecsta supras
and a zoom kevlar clutch (dunno if that was a good choice but i was real tight on cash and its my daily)

so what do yall think its capable of 1/4 wise? im not expecting anything amazing. i dunno what they run stock so i cant really even guesstimate. i got a buddy that wants me to go to the track with him soon and i want a ballpark figure so im not too let down by it. mind you i'm kinda new to rwd. had the car for almost a year but never really raced it around too much other than f'n around with friends. i beat a 2000 gt 5spd w/ an exhaust (before any of the suspension, rearend stuff, and driveshaft) but that aint anything to be proud of.

some tips for the track would be nice too. caus i dont know much of anything when it comes to taking this thing to the track. i wish i could find some drag radials though.

so thats the big question eh ? :eek:

OP
OP
S

segg05

Reaction score
thanks guys. do you have any tips for the track? like i said. this will be the first time to the track with this car. so i really dont have any clue how to get this thing to hook up real good. I always ease it off but i want some decnet 60 foots. its time to start practicing.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
launch on the second yellow...try and control the wheel spin in first and second and then floor it and go as fast as you can and dont slow down til you pass the traps

kennyz

Reaction score
Here is my tip
imgp0620rs1.jpg

OP
OP
S

segg05

Reaction score
i wish i could afford them tires. whats a good rim/tire combo for the rear at the track? sizes? brands?

kennyz

Reaction score
The best thing you can do is just keep practicing if one thing doesn’t work try another in till you find your grove. And if you are like me you won’t find your grove the first time you go I still haven’t found mine yet :drunk:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
kennyz said:
Here is my tip

that makes me oh sooo horneee.. :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink:

how much did you pay for those...as soon i the DFG goes of DD duty, im gettin a set. ^-^

kennyz

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
kennyz said:
Here is my tip

how much did you pay for those...as soon i the DFG goes of DD duty, im gettin a set. ^-^
With shipping it was about 500.00 for both

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
kennyz said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
kennyz said:
Here is my tip

With shipping it was about 500.00 for both

How's the tread wear?

kennyz

Reaction score
They will last me about one summer but my stang is not my everyday driver but i have a local track so i heat up my tires alot :naughty:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
kennyz said:
They will last me about one summer but my stang is not my everyday driver but i have a local track so i heat up my tires alot :naughty:
i should just buy another set of 18X10 and a set of those...can you say BAAAAWWWWLLINNN

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Don't expect to break into the 13's your first time out. Take your time, it may take a while to figure it out.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
whats the best way to run an auto??? mods in my sig. i have 275s all the way around. after i get the problems fixed i want to run it again. we usually go on the streets cuz no local track but im just wondering.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online