the ultimate forum question....

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
whats the best way to run an auto??? mods in my sig. i have 275s all the way around. after i get the problems fixed i want to run it again. we usually go on the streets cuz no local track but im just wondering.....

well from personal experience the best times seem to come from lightly holding the brake and just slamming it when its time...ive tryed holding the brake an revving it..but it doesnt seem to work...if you can hook just slam it..dont mess with trying to rev an auto with a stock converter

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
its a mid 13 second car but with the Kumho ectsa supra tires your wasting you time. they are the worst tire ever. i have them and they spin all day long with my 3:55 gears, you have 4:10s? good luck. You can add a half second to your time just with those tires. I say 13.8-14 with those tires. Get drag radials and your laughing!!!!

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
my96gtstang said:
whats the best way to run an auto??? mods in my sig. i have 275s all the way around. after i get the problems fixed i want to run it again. we usually go on the streets cuz no local track but im just wondering.....

well from personal experience the best times seem to come from lightly holding the brake and just slamming it when its time...ive tryed holding the brake an revving it..but it doesnt seem to work...if you can hook just slam it..dont mess with trying to rev an auto with a stock converter

if i just hold the brake then stomp it i spin.... ive done what is called "pre-loading" where you hold the brake and give it some gas and hold *enough to make the back end lift up and tighten but not enough to start spinning or moving* and then when its time to go release the brake and after it rolls for a sec mash it. but see i think all i would end up doing is spinning

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online