TheOdessa Build List with Pics

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Hello All. I am new here from another forum but since this is my new home I am transferring all my info over to here. I've had the car for 10 years and tinker on it when time and funds allow. Below is a mod list I'll update as I continue to get things done. I'll also post pics as I take them. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Mod List - Updated 10/30/20:

2001 Mustang GT V8 - 5 Speed Manual Transmission

Engine:
Airaid CAI with Dryflow Filter
BBK Throttle Body
C&L Plenum
Accell COPS
Moroso Catch Can
SCT X4 tuned by SCT - 93 Octane Race Tune
Hood shocks to replace hood rod

Transmission:
Exedy Stage 2 Clutch
Exedy Light Weight Flywheel
FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Royal Purple Sychromax Fluid
Adjustable firewall cable adjuster
New Ford Clutch Cable
New UPR clutch cable quadrant
New Ford Clutch Fork
New FRPP TOB
New FRPP Pivot Fork
New FRPP Pilot Bearing

Rear End:
3.73 FRPP Gears
Moser 31 Spline Forged Rear Axels
FRPP Rear Girdle
FRPP 31 Spline Cobra 8.8 Rear Diff
Everything rebuilt with FRPP rebuild kit
Royal Purple 75W-140 Gear Oil
FRPP Rear Pinon

Suspension:
Steeda Sport Springs
MM Shorty snubber
BBK Gripper series rear Upper and Lower Control Arms
Maximum Motorsports FLSFC
MOOG outter tie rod ends
MOOG lower ball joints
MOOG strut bar connections
MOOG poly strut bar mounts
MOOG lower control arms
Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
Front Strut Tower Brace (SR Performance)
BMR upper and lower rear control arm braces
Koni STR.T shocks and struts
Rear strut tower brace (SR Performance)
Poly spring isos
BMR Battle Box Reinforcement Kit
MM Solid Steering Shaft
MM Aluminum solid steering rack mounts
Aftermarket cooler for power steering pump

Wheels/Brakes:
Staggered 17" FR500 Rims
Nitto 555 Tires
R1Concepts Geomet Drilled and Slotted 13" "Cobra" Front Brake Rotors
R1Concepts Geomet Drilled and Slotted GT Rear Brake Rotors
Cobra 13" Front Brake Caliper Conversion
JM Front and Rear Steel Braided Brake Lines
Akibono Pro Act Front and Rear pads

Cosmetic:
03/04 Cobra Front Bumper
Cobra 03/04 LMR Chin Spoiler
Shorty Antenna
Bullitt Fuel Tank Door
New Wiper Cowl
Tint
Red MUSTANG logo in bumper
New convertible top

Lighting:
13-14 Rear Tail Lights (Raxiom) using halogen bulbs
eBay sequential blinker splice in kit
Raxiom LED blinker relay (slower then halogen relay)
Retrofit Headlights (Morimoto H1 Mini 7.0s with Morimoto bulbs, ballasts, wiring harness, and holders)
3" Jeep LED projectors retrofitted in Cobra Fog Light holes with custom bracket
eBay LED tinted third brake light
Full LED interior lighting

Exhaust:
BBK Ceramic Long Tube Headers
BBK O/R H Pipe with Magnaflow Metallic Core Spun Cats welded in
Borla Stingers

Sound:
Pioneer 7" Touch Screen In-Dash
NVX 6.5" Components in the front (6.5 conversion in door for mid bass, tweeters in stock Mach 460 location)
NVX 6.5" Components in the rear
Rockford Fosgate Prime 400.4 Amp to run components - Class D
Optima Red Top Battery
Big 3 Upgrade
Entire car sound deadened - double on the doors and trunk
Alpine Type R 10" Subwoofer in Ported Box - Tuned to 34HZ
Rockford Fosgate 750.1 Amp to run sub - Class D

Interior:
New Lloyd GT floor mats
New Lloyd trunk mat
Billet door lock pins, and light switch
LED lighting
Beltronics MAX360 Radar Detector hard wired and Blend Mounted to the rear view mirror
Mustang Cue Ball Shift Knob
Chrome bezels on dash
Cipher Auto Black Cloth with Grey stitching racing seats and brackets with suede inserts
FR500 Steering Wheel from LMR
Bullitt Shifter Bezel
Bullitt Cup Holder Bezels
New Stereo Dash Trim

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
During my Coronavirus quarantine I've been working on projects. Here's one I've been working on which is my GT to Cobra brake conversion. It's chugging along but I was just shocked to see the size difference of a 11" GT rotor to a 13" Cobra rotor. I have them loaded with HAWK HPS 5.0 pads and J&M stainless steel braided lines. All four corners got the same pads and stainless lines. I kept the back rotor and caliper stock.

u09TiW.jpg

joe65

Reaction score
yeah looks good. I've been debating that same upgrade on mine lately. I look on Rock Auto, Ebay and FB every week hoping for a killer deal on the raised Cobra ones.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
yeah looks good. I've been debating that same upgrade on mine lately. I look on Rock Auto, Ebay and FB every week hoping for a killer deal on the raised Cobra ones.
I actually like the non-Cobra lettering to be honest. I am one of those badge nazi guys. If it isn't the car I don't like it saying that. They were pretty dang affordable on rock auto. I was shocked to see the price difference.

I have more pics to upload but been slammed with work. Will update more as time allows.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Here's more.

I get asked about how I did LED projectors in the fog lights. I bought $40 LED projectors off Amazon made for a Jeep. They are 4" Xprite LED projectors. I didn't want to do anything expensive but I wanted the LED look with usable light and projector look.

From the front view.
fuTqG3.jpg

From the back. I know the bracket I made out of plexi glass isn't the best looking but it works and it's never seen. I can clean it up and paint it, which I'll do one day, but it's been good for a year now. I made it so the plexi glass lines up to the holes for the stock mounting holes then ran long bolts and cut it so it lines up with the holes on the projector. Cost me maybe $60 total and a few hours of my time. Cut off is straight and even on the road/wall.

P1RySP.jpg

the view from under the bumper. Full access to the vertical adjustment screw.

RAc1QM.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
In this picture is BBK Ceramic coated long tubes (rust, WTF?), BBK O/R H pipe with Magnaflow 2.5" metallic core spun cats welded in, going into a Borla Stinger cat back. Cats made all the difference in the world regarding tone and trumpeting when using Stingers. It also killed all fumes. I love them.

You'll also see my Fumoto quick oil drain valve and MM FLSFC which are also rusted. Ugh. Looks like touch up is needed.

EqX0rb.jpg

Better shot of mid pipe to cat back. Fantastic fitting exhaust all around. I absolutely love this set up and I've had quite a bit of set ups on this car. You can also see my FRPP aluminum drive shaft. The mount for the trans is new as well. I just put an OEM Ford stock rubber mount back in to limit vibration felt driving versus a solid mount. I went cheap prior to the OEM from one I got off Rock Auto and it was absolute junk.
d4Bi2h.jpg

Last edited:

joe65

Reaction score
In this picture is BBK Ceramic coated long tubes (rust, WTF?), BBK O/R H pipe with Magnaflow 2.5" metallic core spun cats welded in, going into a Borla Stinger cat back. Cats made all the difference in the world regarding tone and trumpeting when using Stingers. It also killed all fumes. I love them.

You'll also see my Fumoto quick oil drain valve and MM FLSFC which are also rusted. Ugh. Looks like touch up is needed.

EqX0rb.jpg

Better shot of mid pipe to cat back. Fantastic fitting exhaust all around. I absolutely love this set up and I've had quite a bit of set ups on this car. You can also see my FRPP aluminum drive shaft. The mount for the trans is new as well. I just put an OEM Ford stock rubber mount back in to limit vibration felt driving versus a solid mount. I went cheap prior to the OEM from one I got off Rock Auto and it was absolute junk.
d4Bi2h.jpg

you reminded me i that i've been thinking about buying that fumoto quick drain! looks cleaner than mine underneath.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
you reminded me i that i've been thinking about buying that fumoto quick drain! looks cleaner than mine underneath.

It’s actually one of the first mods I did. I had the drain valve on an old Ford Explorer and it made oil changes that much easier.

My mustang was a DD at the time. Now it’s a weekend only car and only gets an oil change once a year but hey it’s nice to have! Sort of like the speed bleeders I have on the calipers. Makes bleeding and flushing that much better even if only done once every three years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Another random post.

We all know the power steering pump whine issue. It drove me insane. I first tried to replace the pump and flush the fluid and while better, it came back. After doing some research I found some guys have success running an external cooler to fix the issue. Here is my take on the cooler.

It's a cooler I found on amazon. I got rid of the hard line that was there to "cool" the fluid and ran soft lines (made for trans fluid) to this cooler. Mounted it behind the lower half of the Cobra Bumper for good air flow using nuts, bolts, and brakets sourced at home depot. I know the hard line was supposed to act as a cooler of sorts but it didn't do much. Some editions of the mustang had a true cooler from the factory (I forget which) so I duplicated it. The difference just holding the lines by hand going in versus going out for the temps just after normal driving is pretty big.

After doing this mod I no longer have any whining from the pump.

mrT8zb.jpg

EQ2KAE.jpg

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
The plexiglass bracket is pretty slick. Good idea!
Thanks! I really wanted LED projector fogs without putting too much coin into it. I tried OEM style housings with LED bulbs in them but the glare was just horrible. I had success with LED bulbs in the fogs when I had a GT bumper but with the Cobra bumper it didn't work. I didn't want halogen bulb fogs because it looked off with retros. I guess I could have went with yellow fogs bulbs but oh well.

The plexi glass bracket is biger then it should be because going into it I really had no idea what the end result was going to be. I also didn't know how much play area I needed from front to back hence the long screws. One day I'll take it out and trim the bracket and put shorter screws in but it's never seen and it works so I left it alone for now. It was one of those "if this doesn't work I'll be out $60 and time", but when it worked I didn't want to mess with it and let it go. Looks great at night when matched with my headlight retros. I run the fogs during the day as well with my DRL and gives it a modern look.

kyholm

Reaction score
Odessa you've put a ton of work and time into this thing! Lets see some overall sot of the car!

Love the projector fogs btw, definitely going to steal that idea.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Odessa you've put a ton of work and time into this thing! Lets see some overall sot of the car!

Love the projector fogs btw, definitely going to steal that idea.
Thank you I appreciate it! Work has been absolutely SLAMMED right now but she's currently sitting on jack stands in the garage. I put a few hours a day after work (it's my get away since I work from home) but hope to get her rolling again here soon. I'm just doing some maintenance stuff right now and battling these new Cobra calipers. Thanks on the fogs! There's a ton of custom things I've done to this car over the year trying to find solutions to things I wanted to accomplish. I'll keep posting as I can.

Here she is at a local car meet. I'm part of two local Mustang clubs and this is a meet and cruise we did for a charity to help the local Children's hospital.

PgZ0tk.jpg

kyholm

Reaction score
Oh hell yes man, that thing looks awesome. Nice stance. Makes me wish mine was a vert.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Oh hell yes man, that thing looks awesome. Nice stance. Makes me wish mine was a vert.
Thanks I appreciate it! Actually 10 years go when I bought it I really, really wanted a coupe.

This car kept coming up and fit all the details I wanted (GT, 5-speed, black) within my price range. Original owner, low miles, and unmolested.

The day I bought the car my brother actually test drove it because I didn't know how to drive a 5-speed at the time. I actually learned how to drive it coming out of the DMV parking lot in down town Tampa. It was a make it or break it point.

I wish I didn't get a Vert. In the 10 years I've owned it I've only put the top down MAYBE 5 times. It's a hassle with leaks, maintenance ect but I've learned to deal.

I appreciate the stance. It's on 17" FR500's staggered and I was truly looking at going 18" staggered NVX rims from LMR. I may pull the trigger on a whim one day but being I only drive the car 2-3K miles a year and the rim/tire set up has been on a bit over 3 years it's on the back burner.

https://lmr.com/item/WTK-880653DS/mustang-sve-nvx-wheel-tire-kit-graphite-z2-94-04

Was looking at those.

07GtS197

Reaction score
What brand headlights do you have? I recently got a set of tyc ones off rock auto to replace my ebay ones and the passenger side fits like shit. They look really good.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
What brand headlights do you have? I recently got a set of tyc ones off rock auto to replace my ebay ones and the passenger side fits like shit. They look really good.

I truly thought I got TYC off rockauto as well but I just realized after looking they are actually Eagle Eye brand off amazon. I went with this brand because of their horizontal and vertical adjustment and I did a retrofit so I needed it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JSDPPW8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JSDP03C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

kyholm

Reaction score
The day I bought the car my brother actually test drove it because I didn't know how to drive a 5-speed at the time. I actually learned how to drive it coming out of the DMV parking lot in down town Tampa. It was a make it or break it point.

I wish I didn't get a Vert. In the 10 years I've owned it I've only put the top down MAYBE 5 times. It's a hassle with leaks, maintenance ect but I've learned to deal.

I appreciate the stance. It's on 17" FR500's staggered and I was truly looking at going 18" staggered NVX rims from LMR. I may pull the trigger on a whim one day but being I only drive the car 2-3K miles a year and the rim/tire set up has been on a bit over 3 years it's on the back burner.

Ah shit I never really thought about leaks and maintenance!

18x9/10 fill out the arches sooo nice. Currently waiting on my 18x9/10 Termi reps to show up and move away from the 17x9 square setup.

I say go for it, lol.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I truly thought I got TYC off rockauto as well but I just realized after looking they are actually Eagle Eye brand off amazon. I went with this brand because of their horizontal and vertical adjustment and I did a retrofit so I needed it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JSDPPW8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JSDP03C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hows the fit?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online