thermostat problems

v6mustang

Reaction score
ok so my 95 is giving me problems. I am trying to replace my thermostat and the housing and it keeps on leaking. Every time i start filing it up with antifreeze it leaks around the bottom. I am putting a thin bead of rtv around it but it still leaks. Is there something i am doing wrong?? Can someone please tell me how to install a thermostat so i can check and make sure im doing it right.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to install a thermostat so i can check and make sure im doing it right.

HL7sgu3l.jpg

Have no idea why it's having issues, maybe pictures would help.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang

Reaction score
Orange i looked up the picture of how everything goes together all ready. Im going to double check with the parts store to make sure i got the right thermostat. Idk if that will make a difference? This isnt the first thermostat i have replace all the other ones i did worked fine lol. This is the first mustang one i have done.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang

Reaction score
I looked and im pretty sure the housing is fine. Is there anything else???

OP
OP
V

v6mustang

Reaction score
RTV? With gasket?
just enough to hold the gasket in place. I found the problem, the last guy who put a thermostat on put way too much rtv and it got down it the bolt hole and the bolt wouldnt thread all the way in leaving a gap between the intake manifold and the thermo housing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online