They let me loose with Solidworks - filter adaper

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
I'm by no means skilled at this sorta stuff, though I'd have a crack at it anyway, here's my true scale model of a filter adapter for a SN95's stock MAF:

filteradapter.jpg

69clark

Reaction score
Looks good. If you fillet all the edges it will look complete. I too have made a few parts but nothing serious.

OP
OP
M

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
I've played with the bevel options a bit, since I'll probably just have the base laser cut and weld the center into it, I'm just going to round off the corners, then add bevels onto the edges by hand.

Am going to make one that allows for the stock mesh/honeycomb too, whilst I know that most folk regard it as a unecessary item, we find it acts as a stabiliser over here, cuts down a lot of turbulence in the intake charge, giving a better reading at the maf.

OP
OP
M

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
Nah, I just get bored easily, need to keep my mind going or I'll go stir crazy, so Solidworks is going to be what I do for kicks when I'm not fooling around building the Mustang.

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
cool we used a little bit of solidworks at RIT. I took a whole class in using Pro Engineer though. They are similar but I am better wiht ProE.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online