Think I found a deal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ranger56528, Feb 24, 2016.

1. ranger56528

ranger56528 Active Member

Think I just got lucky,seen a add for a car and called,it turned out to be a gal that just went through a divorce and Is selling a 03 Mustang GT Convertible with the 4.6,auto,new rims and tires with leather intirour,she has a clean title no loan and the car only has 51,000 miles on it,she said she doesn't want it and the 1st 1900.00 that's right 1900.00 takes it. I asked if she would hold it for me so I can look at it in the morning with cash in hand,hope she holds it and dosnt take 1900 from someone else.......Don't think I'll sleep tonight....Bank at 9 and it's a little over a hour drive away.

2. ranger56528

Here is the pic she sent me.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. 1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt Well-Known Member

Wow! I dont blame you for not being able to sleep! Im sure i dont have to point this out but THATS A STEAL!!!!!!! Almost too good to be true?? As im sure you already know just check everything with a fine tooth comb and you should be set! Honestly.. even if an issue or two needs to be fixed from sitting its still a steal. Doubt the car will be gone by tomorrow morning! Hope everything checks out! Goodluck!

4. lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

I hope its not a scam. Ive run in to a few scams lie this that were too good to be true, and sure enough they werent true. It looks like a really clean car. I hope it all goes through.

5. RichV

RichV Well-Known Member

Yea. be careful. I could swear that same picture was on CL here with some hard luck story and a 'too good to be true price', I remember seeing it thinking, that don't look like Colorado.

Even if you have the $ with you, first thing you say is "If we make a deal you'll have to come with me to the bank, it's only a couple of minutes." That way there aren't 10 dudes with baseball bats surrounding you in 5 minutes.

6. joekd

joekd Well-Known Member

Personally I would have taken what I could out from the ATM and driven down there last night to look at it, if it was good give her the $$ as a deposit and agree to the rest the next day

When I bought my current car I had him meet me at bank of america, went inside together, I told the cashier I am withdrawing $$XXX amount form my account and please give to this gentleman in cash or bank check, whichever he chooses. We then did all the paperwork right there in the lobby. Pretty close to zero risk for both of us.

7. ranger56528

Got the run around through text this morning and the more I asked the more avacive it got then got a text about eBay and blablabla and wanting my address so I believe it's not up and up,smells like fish must be fish,nothing like being crushed..When she/they wouldn't give me a address I knew things weren't right...
    ill report it.

8. 1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt Well-Known Member

:undecided: seemed to good to be true. That sucks. Scammers should all fall off a cliff.

9. Thomas_W

Thomas_W Well-Known Member

That sucks man, things happen for a reason, so a better deal may pop up

10. mustangwill50

mustangwill50 New Member

Wow man the same type of thing ALMOST happend to be bout 10yrs ago.. Same scenerio woman said she got divorced her husband blah blah blah but she had his 99 sc cobra and just wanted $4200. So next day same thing wouldnt giv me an address wanted me to send the $ western union and delievery truck would get in touch wth me blah blah blah.. i couldnt believe that i fell for it.. Thank God i didnt lose anythjng other than sleep the night before anticipating goin to pick it up next day.. lol. Today i laugh about it.. But those m.f. r out there.. Praying they find a desperate guy wth some $ burning a hole in his pocket.. "iF its too good to be true, IT ALWAYS IS... Imo

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

11. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

That sucks :(

We always get scams up here with prices too good to be true. You contact theme and the car isn't in the area, but they can ship it to you... and they want PayPal or some other payment... and yeah.

12. PinkieT

PinkieT Well-Known Member

Found a truck on Craigslist I wanted at a "too good to be true" price. The owner said he was deploying in a few days and had to move it quick, said he would send me pictures, and I send back money, then he would ship. I asked where he was and he mentioned a military base 2,000 miles from me. I did a quick map search and lied - I said "Hey, my brother lives in XXXX and is only ten miles away. I can have him there with cash anytime you please". That is the last I heard of that lowlife scammer.

13. lutter94

lutter94 Well-Known Member

I've done that plenty of times, sometimes they try to convince you its not an option. But I end up wasting a bunch of their time and get a chuckle out of it lol.

14. PinkieT

PinkieT Well-Known Member

Yeah, sometimes I string along the callers who say they are from Microsoft and my computer has a problem. I keep asking questions and act stupid. Same thing with "Rachel from cardholder services". Wastes their time, may keep one other person from being scammed.

15. Thomas_W

Thomas_W Well-Known Member

Im glad to hear im not the only one who screws with scammers