Thinking about downgrading to stock-ish brakes

OP
OP
F

familytruckster

Reaction score
I live in Ohio and work in DC, and stay in MD while I work in DC. It all adds up. Commuter cars suck. Prior to the mustang I was doing the commute in a slammed 87 Crown Vic wagon with an HO swap, before that, I was stuck with my Country Squire autox car. Fun as hell carving up the mountain roads at 100+, but the mileage sucked. Prior to those, a beat up BMW 318ti.

I have a set of staggered Bullitts I can take of the Squire, but then it's back to $$$ for tires. Nitto does make a 315 and 275 All-season with a 60,000 mile warranty, about a grand though.

ProKiller

Reaction score
i would also second getting a different DD with better MPG. assuming it's a 17x9 wheel you can put a 245/45 on there and save the tire cost. and that's a common winter tire size. keep the brakes, it's a good kit and it's never a bad thing to have better stopping power.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Amtrak- Ohio-DC-Ohio

keep a car at place in MD

I could take a promotion in DC but the commute from Phila to DC is a PITA, your commute is just craziness :)

1bad95

Reaction score
Where in MD are you from? I'm up in Cecil county. I have the stock brakes on my 98 that I'm wanting to upgrade from

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

familytruckster

Reaction score
I'm in Carroll County.

Well, I might ave changed my mind after a few incidents on the way to my buddies house last night.

As for the 245s on the 9" wheels. That's the current setup.

I guess I could get rid of the stang and get a commuter. No need to keep the mustang, I have a quicker and better handling car for goofing off.

I am also working on getting a job in Ohio, since the original one fell through. Long story. Right now, I get paid too well in DC to leave.

OP
OP
F

familytruckster

Reaction score
I'm thinking about selling the car or parting it right now, if I can get a reasonable offer. It's a 95 GTS, with 147K. It was hit in the left rear at some point and has bondo in the rear 1/4. All the body panels are original with vin stickers. I've replaced every hose on the car, belt, water pump, swapped in an entire rear axle, mishimoto radiator, new cooling fan, ECT, ACT, TPS, O2 sensors, Motorcraft control arms/ball joints, Timken hub bearings, motor and trans mounts, BBK ceramic shorties, BBK catted x-pipe, MGW shifter, Baer T4 13" track kit on the front and Baer Track + 13" w/PBR calipers out back, Maximum Motorsports road and track grip box, underdrive pullies, Summit aluminum driveshaft, 17x9" -3/4 cobra wheels, Bassani or SLP loudmouth exhaust. I also have just ordered a Modern Driveline 94/5 T5Z for it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online