Thinking of buying a SVE radiator?

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
So last year, i bought the SVE radiator on sale for my GT. Got it, looked really good, and way thicker than stock, which is good. It was a tight fit, but fit nonetheless. I didnt have heating problems before, so no comment on cooler temps. Had it on for almost a year, and it spring a leak. Passenger side, looks like where the tank meets the fins (on the inside). Thought, no problem, its lifetime warranty. Read through the warranty, and emailed them. They replied back asking for pictures, which i sent them. They asked for more photos showing the leak, which is impossible because you cant take a picture of something moving and seeing it moving, so i told them that. The rep talked to management and said "we can replace it this time, but next time we need better pictures," which is fair. Rep gave me 2 options, destroy radiator, take pictures, and they will send new one. Or, pay for new one, receive it, install it, destroy old one, and get refunded. So i chose the second option. When it came time for the refund, they refunded me the $145 i paid for the original one, instead of the $200 something i spent on the replacement. So i called and and asked for clarification, because the warranty didnt say you will need to pay the difference. And when i spoke to the rep, i dont recall him explaining that, but it is possible he did. But anyway, i expressed my disapproval of it not being disclosed on the warranty page, and it didnt make sense that you are required to pay the difference on a warrantied item. Every company/vendor i dealt with will replace the item with no additional charge or difference needing to be made up. So rep came back, and said management didnt want to give me the difference, after some debating, he came back saying that they can meet me half way and issued a $40 gift card. Still lost $40, but better than $80. And i told him that i would like to put a complain against their management, and not the rep himself, because the rep was awesome, his manager, not so awesome. So i followed up with an email about it. Jay the manager calls me, and basically tells me everything the rep said but in a condescending tone. So i just repeated my concern, and this is how i took his response "if we gave a direct replacement, we would lose money, soooooo..tough sh*t". Whatever, told him thanks and said bye. Followed up with an email that basically states, your rep did a better job than you at trying to keep me happy and your phone call wasted both our times.

Looking at the warranty page, it states "In the event a replacement is not available or is not viable, an LMR.com Gift Card will be issued for the original purchase price." Which is legal mumble jumble and an indirect way of saying that you are responsible for the difference in price. I do not remember it saying that before, but it says it now, and IT IS STILL NOT CLEAR that you are responsible for the price difference, so this is my warning to you.

Last time i write about LMR sucky customer service, some people jumped on me and i had an argument via PM with an admin. Lets hope this doesnt happen again.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Only reason i bring this up is because the interest for it as gone up because of the holiday sales.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.