thinking of cutting my springs

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
put on some Steeda X2 balljoints, i heard that you can put them in and give a 1/2" drop....no bullshit

Hicks

Reaction score
What do yall mean by sqeak? if you dont mind me asking.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
For a slight rake,I would start with cutting just half of the coil,and let sit for a night to let it settle back,if you're not happy after that,do it again. What does your car look like now,do you have any side pics? Just remeber,the lower you go,the more quarks the car will have....my tires rub when I do sharp turns,and some drive-thru's suck ass,and if you lower it too much,these problems will be more prominant.

Hicks,....squeeks are the little metal to metal sounds,along with dull popping/creaking noises.

Hicks

Reaction score
nono like when you turn the wheel or when you hit a bump or?

my car was lowered somehow... figured this is how he did it.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
the only decent one is in my sig, i will get more tomm at the track i just hate how is sits all even :rant:

94twinscrew

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
cutting springs is so rice

No,cutting 3 coils out of stock springs to lower it is "rice".............cutting a dead link out to achieve the perfect stance is just a good kind of OCD :hammer:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Hicks said:
nono like when you turn the wheel or when you hit a bump or?

my car was lowered somehow... figured this is how he did it.

just take off one of the wheels and look for a brand on the springs...

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i was so close to buying those steeda x2 ball joints.. they will lower my car .5"??? iono if thatd clear my tires? lol... that would definitely bring the term slammed to the table. can you choose how low it drops it?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
i was so close to buying those steeda x2 ball joints.. they will lower my car .5"??? iono if thatd clear my tires? lol... that would definitely bring the term slammed to the table. can you choose how low it drops it?

zero or .5"...it just whether or not you use the spacer or whatever they include. i was thinking of getting them, but it might be just a lil too low then.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
well i could keep the setting on 0, i just wanted the ball joints. i had no clue that they even dropped it, thats kinda cool lol!

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
if you insist on cutting coils cut 1/2 a coil. id try removign this iso's though, put some electrial or hockey tape on the springs, a few wraps.

you dont even need to do that, maybe for the rear..my sister and i both dont have front iso's and no squeeks in the front..but i would definetely try some tape in the rear.

S

scarface

Matt94GT said:
if you insist on cutting coils cut 1/2 a coil. id try removign this iso's though, put some electrial or hockey tape on the springs, a few wraps.
Thats what I did...used electrical tape on the springs to avoid the squeek.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online