thinking of cutting my springs

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
has anyone done this like most treminator owners? i was thinking maybe just 1/2 a coil from the front...does anyone know how much lower it will sit, im just not happy with how high the front it, and the coilover kit is some money.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I wanna cut mine too...but Im scared too cause Im a little bitch

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Just did my buddy's a little while ago,took one full dead coil out,while gave him an added 1/2" of a drop. Make sure that you cut the "dead" coil,and not the seated tapper. You can typically cut up to two dead coils without sacrificing any ride quality.

S

scarface

I cut the dead coils out of my eibach drags...I cut two coils out of the fron and 1.5 out of the back. I didnt notice any handling differences, but it did drop it as low as my sportlines.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I cut 3/4 of a coil on my rear springs and id say it dropped it probaly 3/8". As long as you dont cut more then 3/4 of a coil you should be okay, since that is the dead part of the coil. Make sure you dont use a torch an keep them as cool as possible when cutting them.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i have sportlines, i just want the front a little lower than the rear...

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
thats what sucks with eibach, all their springs sit front and rear dead even, thats what I hated about my eibach pros. Just take out the iso's man.
what will that do? arent there alot of cons to this..

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
so if i take the front iso's out will they squuek?

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
95KBGT said:

possibly, most of the time I've heard that it doesn't squeak at all though.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
95KBGT said:

DO NOT DO IT!! I tried it with my front end,and I thought that all was good,until i hit my first bump....thing sounded like a POS chevy. Pulling into parking lots was noticable too,tons of little squeeks,it drove me freakin nuts. :mad: The rear isn't as bad,but you'll hear it on bumps....you're better off cutting dead coils.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
95KBGT said:

DO NOT DO IT!! I tried it with my front end,and I thought that all was good,until i hit my first bump....thing sounded like a POS chevy. Pulling into parking lots was noticable too,tons of little squeeks,it drove me freakin nuts. :mad: The rear isn't as bad,but you'll hear it on bumps....you're better off cutting dead coils.
how much should i cut? i just want it racked a little

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
this is with eibach sportlines with no iso's in the front. thinking of putting some iso's back in either on the top or bottom in the front though due to the longtubes

100_1269.jpg

100_1273.jpg

100_1198.jpg

100_1197.jpg

[/quote]

this is exactly the stance i want.. maybe just a coil?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.