Thinking of getting a SLP X Pipe for MY SLP LM1's

Thomas_W

Reaction score
my buddy has SLP LM2's i think (the loudest ones) and a SLP O/R X pipe. you could hear him 6 miles away when he was in part throttle cruise.

if he got on it. OH MY GOD.. and it sounded like complete ASS :puke:

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
my buddy has SLP LM2's i think (the loudest ones) and a SLP O/R X pipe. you could hear him 6 miles away when he was in part throttle cruise.

:/ You cant hear me from 1 mile away @ part throttle ahah. Cats+non pi heads/cams and intake= slient car unless i get on it than get pulled over for speeding/loud exhaust.

LM1 are the loud ones

LM2 has visible stuff inside unlike the SLP lm1. (as pictured above.. they look empty inside)

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Twista said:
Thomas_W said:

:/ You cant hear me from 1 mile away @ part throttle ahah. Cats+non pi heads/cams and intake= slient car unless i get on it than get pulled over for speeding/loud exhaust.

LM1 are the loud ones

LM2 has visible stuff inside unlike the SLP lm1. (as pictured above.. they look empty inside)

ok, then he had LM1's... either way, that shit was CRAZY loud

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
Twista said:
Thomas_W said:

LM1 are the loud ones

ok, then he had LM1's... either way, that shit was CRAZY loud

O0 Cool, im sure it sounded great.

Im not sure what to do. Im sick of my car being slow so i want to speed it up some plus make it sound like a 99+GT. Will just a PI intake improve the sound of my exhaust (rofl)? I hate the sound after 3500 RPM. It sounds like someone with sinus.. all stopped up and cant breathe. I doubt it will so im not sure what to do. Theres noway i could afford cams/heads and a intake anytime soon.
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.............. KKK. Im joining the KKK now :noes:

S

scarface

Twista said:
KKK. Im joining the KKK now :noes:
Im thinking you wont last very long there :(

WHat exactly are you trying to make your car sound like ???

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Ok, everyone bashing SLP are complete IDIOTS. Don't you guys understand that ALL mustangs sound good no matter what exhaust you put on them. How many people have heard them in person for more than just a second? I like Flows, I like Borla, I just happen to like SLP the best. To me it is a unique sound that sounds scary good.

For example.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/lm+2/0/8403b601-b493-446e-8847-a307071a94e4.htm

I don't see how anyone with two ears does not like that sound.

They sound so good and the look killer too.

102_1390.jpg

:)

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
sry to say it but at start up.. IMO it sounds like a v6 with exhaust until you rev it up to higher rpms..

it doesn't sound to to bad when she was on the highway though. id still prefer anything else over SLP though.. its your car though and you make it sound how you want, anything is better than stock IMO..

S

scarface

Red96GT said:
Ok, everyone bashing SLP are complete IDIOTS. Don't you guys understand that ALL mustangs sound good no matter what exhaust you put on them. How many people have heard them in person for more than just a second? I like Flows, I like Borla, I just happen to like SLP the best. To me it is a unique sound that sounds scary good.

For example.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/lm+2/0/8403b601-b493-446e-8847-a307071a94e4.htm

I don't see how anyone with two ears does not like that sound.

They sound so good and the look killer too.

102_1390.jpg

arent you proud of me...I havent bashed it one single time in this thread :)

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
^^^^Yeah I'm proud of you. :)

It's just that so many people bash SLP saying it sounds like a tractor/truck/camaro when they haven't ever experienced the sound first hand. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some people will never open their mind (I sound like SRT_Handz). And it is also funny how everyone here hates SLP but otherplaces EVERYONE loves SLP. :dunno:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i dont hate it by any means.. SLP sounds way better than stock.. it just doesn't sound as good as other exhaust setups IMO.. :)

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
i dont hate it by any means.. SLP sounds way better than stock.. it just doesn't sound as good as other exhaust setups IMO.. :)

If I didn't get SLP, I was going to go with an offroad H and flows. :boink:

S

scarface

the slp sounded good at certain rpms with an OR X pipe, but it was just too loud for me.

I have no experience with the slp system with a catted mid pipe.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
I have no experience with the slp system with a catted mid pipe.

Let's just say it sounds awesome. :behind:

Are you getting a catted H for your flows?

S

scarface

Im not sure yet...Im kinda diggin the X pipe. IF I keep it, I will be welding in High flow cats. Got keep it legal you know...setting the example you know :police:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
Im not sure yet...Im kinda diggin the X pipe. IF I keep it, I will be welding in High flow cats. Got keep it legal you know...setting the example you know :police:

Coolz.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Red96GT said:

It's just that so many people bash SLP saying it sounds like a tractor/truck/camaro when they haven't ever experienced the sound first hand. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some people will never open their mind (I sound like SRT_Handz). And it is also funny how everyone here hates SLP but otherplaces EVERYONE loves SLP. :dunno:

Haha, im not going to lie. In videos online it sounds like a tractor big time at startup. In Real life it sounds strange @ startup.. kind of raspy and .... cant explain it. Its a system you have to grow to like. Just keep driving it and it gets better and better. If you been driving a flow mustang for years than switching to SLP LM1's would sound like complete shit to you more than likly.

When driving you get a steady shotgun type of sound. Shotgun.. cant explain it :/ SLP is unexplainable in RL. It doesnt make sense at all b/c it sounds different than straight pipes, but it looks like a Straight pipe.

Red96GT said:

Gnats has a pretty sex sounding car!

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Twista said:
Red96GT said:

Haha, im not going to lie. In videos online it sounds like a tractor big time at startup. In Real life it sounds strange @ startup.. kind of raspy and .... cant explain it. Its a system you have to grow to like. Just keep driving it and it gets better and better. If you been driving a flow mustang for years than switching to SLP LM1's would sound like complete shit to you more than likly.

When driving you get a steady shotgun type of sound. Shotgun.. cant explain it :/ SLP is unexplainable in RL. It doesnt make sense at all b/c it sounds different than straight pipes, but it looks like a Straight pipe.

Gnats has a pretty sex sounding car!

To me it kind of sounds "bubbly" at start up if that makes sense. Then while cruising, it just sounds scary. :behind:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Red96GT said:

first of all, everyone hads an opinion...and if my opinion is that SLPs sound like a truck then i can say that..

number two, im willing to bet i have heard more people with SLPs in person that you have, and with more than just a stock H-pipe with 6 cats...

and number three, not all mustangs sound good.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
Red96GT said:

first of all, everyone hads an opinion...and if my opinion is that SLPs sound like a truck then i can say that..

number two, im willing to bet i have heard more people with SLPs in person that you have, and with more than just a stock H-pipe with 6 cats...

and number three, not all mustangs sound good.

1. I made a point somwhere in this thread that I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

2. Um, I've heard a handful of cars IN PERSON with SLP ranging from me and my Stock H to an Offroad X and a TON of video clips on teh interweb.

3. You might have heard a bad sounding mustang, but I haven't..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online