Thinking of ideas to adapt bluetooth to my car.

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
I have a really nice Kenwood Head unit in my '01 cobra but its a tad dated. Also the input wires are hanging laying on the floorboard and i cant stand that shit. I have been looking up bluetooth modules and I have found this one which I think i can adapt to my car retain a factory appearance. Also I would like to make it so the USB port isnt just laying on the ground and looks built in to the center console trim. I need to look further to determine what I need to do about the USB port but this is what i am thinking of using for my setup. What do you guys think? have any of you done similar things?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161944166487?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not sure what inputs the kenwood has to know if that will work or not. More then likely kenwood makes a bluetooth module that hooks into the deck and makes it all easy. Not sure if I have the pics or not but I one time modified the coin holder in the center console to allow for the usb to be plugged into it. I could do it again if you want.

joekd

Reaction score
If the deck is dated why not just invest in a new one with BT built in? I just put a Pioneer AVH-280BT in my son's Explorer and it was under $200 for everything

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If the deck is dated why not just invest in a new one with BT built in? I just put a Pioneer AVH-280BT in my son's Explorer and it was under $200 for everything
This.

Just buy a new one. I was looking at attempting my old alpine and their adapter was more than a new deck. I can get a bluetooth deck on sale in Canada for $100-200 CAN, should be even less in US.

Bluetooth is awesome, I have it setup in my truck to play music off my phone.

OP
OP

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
This.

Just buy a new one. I was looking at attempting my old alpine and their adapter was more than a new deck. I can get a bluetooth deck on sale in Canada for $100-200 CAN, should be even less in US.

Bluetooth is awesome, I have it setup in my truck to play music off my phone.

Wish I could, but Im on a budget at the moment. One day soon I will but I am saving up money for a house. I like my stereo exept the fact it doesnt have bluetooth. I just want a clean option instead of having wires and adapters hanging out all over the place!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would do a search for your deck to see if kenwood makes a module to hook up to it. I am not sure what the output is on this ebay piece and also not sure how you will wire it into the deck.

OP
OP

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
I would do a search for your deck to see if kenwood makes a module to hook up to it. I am not sure what the output is on this ebay piece and also not sure how you will wire it into the deck.

Yeah I have done some research and I cant seem to find it. I wish I could. Hmm more research i have to do...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
from what I can find the KCA-BT300 will hook up to the deck and allow for bluetooth through the deck. They are not sold new anymore but can still be found used. This piece should help by displaying info on the deck.

OP
OP

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
from what I can find the KCA-BT300 will hook up to the deck and allow for bluetooth through the deck. They are not sold new anymore but can still be found used. This piece should help by displaying info on the deck.

Nice!! thanks for looking. the only bad thing is it is almost not worth it. I might as well save for a new head unit. Ill keep looking around

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would recomend paying the difference over a no-name diy kit. Bluetooth can be a pia sometimes so its best to have matching gear to ensure they are all talking to each other correctly.

OP
OP

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
I would recomend paying the difference over a no-name diy kit. Bluetooth can be a pia sometimes so its best to have matching gear to ensure they are all talking to each other correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTl0fUJV2Uo

This is a bad ass kit. I would like to wire up some buttons that look like OE style buttons. but this gets me close to what I want for a good price!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that looks like it would be a neat kit, if you still had your factory radio since that is what its made to connect to.

OP
OP

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
that looks like it would be a neat kit, if you still had your factory radio since that is what its made to connect to.

I think there is a universal kit which works with any aftermarket head units as well. this would be an interesting thing to look into.

If there is, that part will be an optional purchase. Is it just the fancy buttons that got you all excited? IF so the kenwood piece would integrate into and use the bottons already on the deck and work better. Universal kits are not always all that great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson