Thinking of selling my 95 GT

95_GTS

Reaction score
I am contemplating whether or not I should sell my 95 GT Vert 5spd and upgrade to a 2016+ GT. So with that said, she runs but I'm having serious valve train noise issues and I am tired of messing with it honestly.
Originally purchased for $4250 a couple years back and I just wanted to know what you all think she's worth now with all the upgrades. Much appreciated! icon_beerchug.gif

Engine:
3" CAI
75 Pro-M MAF (Cal'd for 30#)
75 MM TB
Ported Upper and Lower Explorer Intake (Big Dogs Porting)
30# Injectors
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
AFR 185 Heads
1.7 Roller Rockers
XE264 Comp Cams Camshaft
Stock Bottom End
BBK Ported Equal Length Headers (Big Dogs Porting)
BBK Off Road H-Pipe
Flowmaster Super 44's
Mishimoto 2 Core Radiator
SCT Tuned/Dyno'd

Drivetrain:
Heavy Duty Clutch
FRP Aluminum Driveshaft
FRP 3.73

Suspension/Chassis:
H&R Sport Lowering Springs
Orange Koni Shocks/Struts
Front and Rear Shock/Strut Tower Brace
MM Panhard Bar
MM Full Length Subframe Connectors (Welded)
MM 4 Point Roll Bar
Stifflers Transmission Crossmember
Upgraded Front/Rear Sway Bars
Poly Bushings Everywhere (ex. Rear Upper Control Arms)
MM Rear Lower Control Arms

Exterior:
(Rear) Mickey Thompson 315/35/R17 on 17x10 Bullits
(Front) BFG 255/45/R17 on 17x9 Bullits

Attachments

• IMG_6256.jpg
    IMG_6256.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7745.JPG
    IMG_7745.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8397.JPG
    IMG_8397.JPG
    225 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9315.jpg
    IMG_9315.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9314.jpg
    IMG_9314.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
OP
OP
95_GTS

95_GTS

Reaction score
I appreciate it dude. Do you know of any good websites?

tinnocker

Reaction score
I agree with Makoto. The market is going up. Yours is nice and clean and has at least $5-$6,000 of extra upgraded parts and labor. Way more '94-'95 junkers out in my neck of the woods than nice ones.

Rons95GT

Not a new member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of selling mine too. Unfortunately modified cars are usually worth less than stock ones unless you find just the right buyer who was looking to do the same mods.

07GtS197

Reaction score
If you do end up selling try posting it on bring a trailer.

Now on the flip side, I wouldn’t sell it because of one issue. These cars are getting harder to find and most are junk. I’ve bought and sold a few mustangs and usually regret selling them. I have a 17 gt myself. While I do love the power and creature comforts it just doesn’t feel right. That raw, visceral feeling you get with a fox or sn95 just isn’t there and you’ll miss that feeling. I know I did.

Rons95GT

Not a new member
Reaction score
If you do end up selling try posting it on bring a trailer.

Now on the flip side, I wouldn’t sell it because of one issue. These cars are getting harder to find and most are junk. I’ve bought and sold a few mustangs and usually regret selling them. I have a 17 gt myself. While I do love the power and creature comforts it just doesn’t feel right. That raw, visceral feeling you get with a fox or sn95 just isn’t there and you’ll miss that feeling. I know I did.

You are correct that most are junk now. I even see new edge cars that look like they belong in a junk yard. I just shake my head and wonder wth happened to cars like that. People think my 95 has been painted because it still looks so good. It has it’s share of nicks up front from driving it and a couple of scratches but you have to be looking for them to see them. The paint still shines, no rust, super clean interior. The leather does have some age cracks in places but no rips or stains.

07GtS197

Reaction score
They’re starting to go the way of the foxbody. Either you’ll find garage queens or ragged out junk. I’m having a hard time finding anything around me. I assume it’s because of how light the platform is and how easily a coyote can be swapped into them that people are buying and holding onto them.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Two things
1. You're tired of messing with it
2. Having serious valvetrain noise.

I have no idea what your car is worth but if you plan on getting top dollar for it you'll have to fix the valvetrain noise. In my opinion, I would move on from the old one and get a newer car.

Good luck
Michael Plummer

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
you will sell it , and in month you'll be wanting another
been there done that
every time i see a fox body a Shelby a fast back an old coup . i want another

TrickVert

Reaction score
It would take one helluva good offer for me to sell my '95 after working so long to make it "just so." It's your car and your choice, however.

Question: What roll bar is in the car, and do you have any pictures with the top down? I've been waffling for years on adding one to my car so I can run it at the track on occasion.

joemomma

Reaction score
Having "been there and done that", I can say you'll likely be wishing you still had it after a month. You won't get much for it with engine noise, either. With this one, you know what you've got. If you sell and decide to get back in another, you'll be starting at square one again (and with all the potential unknowns that go along with it).

Take a break from it, and come back to it later. You'll be glad you did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.