This Could be a Problem . . . .

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
After getting rid of my rear mounted fuel cell, and putting the four gallon cell in the front, I had an opportunity to review some run video.

Check out the back tires on the launch . . . :nonono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9jOoe8ZDgM

BTW , , it was still a 1.45 60 foot

gt96stang

Reaction score
bah, them tires are going up in smoke and you still got a hell of a 60' time.. Getting close to the 9 sec time slip huh??

S

scarface

get some studded tires, with all of that spin you could light up the track like the 4th of July :)

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You could always ballast the rear of the car with lead, but I'm sure that adding weight is not the direction you want to go.

Have you tried playing with the shock settings to get the car to sit down better and not unload the tires? Maybe try some stiffer settings first. You probably need to be in the low 1.3s to get where you want to be, right?

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Paul said:
You could always ballast the rear of the car with lead, but I'm sure that adding weight is not the direction you want to go.

Have you tried playing with the shock settings to get the car to sit down better and not unload the tires? Maybe try some stiffer settings first. You probably need to be in the low 1.3s to get where you want to be, right?

Yeah . . mid 1.3s should get me there. I'm going to adjust the suspension (shocks, LCAs, and Anti-Roll) and play with the tire pressure a bit tomorrow night. I probably also need to have a look at my pinion angle. I don't want to add weight.

I also just got bigger injectors so I can, hopefully, get the car to quit falling on it's face on the big end.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I don't know if you've met him, but there's a guy named Todd Beaudoin here in the valley with a 79 Mustang Pace Car replica - he runs low 10's with an NA 347. He has since backhalved the car, but used to run stock-type suspension and could 1.3 60' with a small tire. I think he did some voodoo with the rear suspension (specifically the UCA placement and geometry) that helped him hook harder, so if you see him, have a chat. :) I think he's a relative regular at the track.

Paul.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
do you have tire screws in your rear wheels?? we finally broke down and put them in his 91 fox because he kept spinning the bead...if you dont use them whats your trick?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online