This could prove to be a TRICKY one guys.... INTAKE HELPPP

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Noticed quite the leak out of my NEW PI intake today, so i pulled it out, and saw it was coming from the aluminum crossover gasket. Pulled it apart, and heres what i found,

Luckily The Bottom of the gasket seat is still there, otherwise id be SOL!
image_zps145c6d31.jpg

image_zps4b0cd25d.jpg

image_zps0e954442.jpg

image_zps3d1c6d8f.jpg

The wall that holds the O ring gasket broke on the back side. I have 2 extra intakes that are no good, i can use as donors if needed.... Im stuck right now.

My best idea so far is to RTV the crap out of the o ring gasket in there, Then make a cork or rubber or paper gasket and sandwich it in...

Need some thoughts, maybe even yours prayers for my poor PI intake......

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive fixed a couple of PI intakes that had that issue in the past, but they never had the walls completely gone. Usually they were just split and disfigured, but all there. Im not sure if yours is salvageable or not. That is tricky indeed....

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Already on the path to recovery.... Ill post up pics when its done. heh

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Ive fixed a couple of PI intakes that had that issue in the past, but they never had the walls completely gone. Usually they were just split and disfigured, but all there. Im not sure if yours is salvageable or not. That is tricky indeed....

And yea, almost every one ive gotten used iver had to take the runner apart and re seal it all... first time ive seen a wall blown out as well. But like i said, ive got something in the works. wont hurt to try it out ya know....

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well post up pics of your progress, im interested to see how it turns out...

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Well post up pics of your progress, im interested to see how it turns out...

Not sure if youve ever used plastic repair putty, but it is super strong and withstands up to 900 degrees F. Well after cutting a wall out of my non pi junk intake i prepped it to fit and just super glued it into place. Then i started with the putty. Ive got one side done and im going to let it dry before i start the other.

All this thing needs to do is hold the gasket in place. RTV will do the rest.
image_zpsbc09a982.jpg

image_zps2a38ad18.jpg

image_zpse25d232b.jpg

man flash makes things look so filthy!

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great idea, now will you just RTV the area where the cross over bolts to, or are you going to make a paper gasket?

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Great idea, now will you just RTV the area where the cross over bolts to, or are you going to make a paper gasket?

Gonna have to see how to final product turns out first... maybe just RTV the way its looking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online