this is hard for me

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
im saving up for the powerheads stage II kit, and its hard saving up the money cause theres so many other things i want, like yesterday i almost bought new headlights, the day before i almost bought a chin spoiler, and i really want to get gears (i cancelled my previous order because it was taking too long), and a new midpipe with high flow cats.

with this setup from powerheads, what kind of gears would you guys recommend? http://powerheads.com/headswap.html

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
those are pretty nice and should make some good power on your car, with a auto I still say 410's and with a manual 373's would probally be good with those heads. That should be pretty sweet, and I know how hard it is to keep saving instead of going out and spending half or all of what you have now :comando:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
im trying to save up all my $$ for a rotrex. but goddamn its hard :dunno:

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i was thinking 410's but i dont want to be spinning out when i take corners or anything, i think 373's might suit me better

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i would go 4.10s if you are gonna stay N/A..

and i have been trying to save up for a motorcycle since i was 15...but college and rent are owning my ass. So everyone needs to check out my for sale ads in the classified section. ;)

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
summer is the best time for me to save up and buy stuff cause i dont have to pay for college books or anything, i do plan on staying N/a, so i would be good with 4:10's?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
summer is the best time for me to save up and buy stuff cause i dont have to pay for college books or anything, i do plan on staying N/a, so i would be good with 4:10's?

Well do you know what cams your going to run? What is your sweet spot on the rpm band going to be ? Those are questions to ask when selecting gears

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
bigjohnson4.6gt said:

Well do you know what cams your going to run? What is your sweet spot on the rpm band going to be ? Those are questions to ask when selecting gears

my sweet spot is going to be at around 12,000 rpms

lol, jp i gotta check it out when i get everything done, i was just curious to see what you guys would advise

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
Snakebit said:
bigjohnson4.6gt said:

lol, jp i gotta check it out when i get everything done, i was just curious to see what you guys would advise

12k huh.........you got a VTECH under your hood? :D :D

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
Snakebit said:
bigjohnson4.6gt said:

12k huh.........you got a VTECH under your hood? :D :D
damn right, i even spray painted the manifold cover, thats an easy 10whp

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
hell i painted my intake and valve covers. That must be an easy 15-20hp then. Now i just got to do the throttle body and brackets. Should be another 5-10 hp 8)

???

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
hell i painted my intake and valve covers. That must be an easy 15-20hp then. Now i just got to do the throttle body and brackets. Should be another 5-10 hp 8)

???
dude do you know anything about motorwork???

the throttle body alone gives like 15-30whp (depending on how thick of spray paint you use), and the brackets alone put you in double digits

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
MeanGrn Gt said:

???
dude do you know anything about motorwork???

the throttle body alone gives like 15-30whp (depending on how thick of spray paint you use), and the brackets alone put you in double digits

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online