This is how you gain/keep customers

Reaction score
Hoping this is on-topic for this subforum.

Placed an order with Steeda the other day. Mainly their Tri-Ax shifter, but also a handful of pointless baubles for the interior. Got a phone call from them the next day. Dude wanted to let me know the shift knob had been discontinued and was unavailable, so that was being refunded. A couple of the other pieces were also discontinued and were being pulled from the site, but they still had some to ship. But the bit that floored me was the shifter trim ring. He told me it had been discontinued some time ago and should already have been pulled from the site. But he remembered they had one on display in the office, so he grabbed it and threw it in the box for me. Gave me a 5% discount off the entire order for that one part being "used".

Just the fact someone at a multi-million dollar business took that kind of effort for a piddling ~$350 order honestly blows my mind. And it guarantees that the next time I need something I'll look there first.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Lol, that would make me go elsewhere next time. The 5% discount is great, but when half the stuff is is discontinued but still listed on the site, that is ridiculous. I feel like they do it on purpose. You never would have placed your order if you knew half of it was unavailable/discontinued, right?

OP
OP
SouthernGorilla
Reaction score
Lol, that would make me go elsewhere next time. The 5% discount is great, but when half the stuff is is discontinued but still listed on the site, that is ridiculous. I feel like they do it on purpose. You never would have placed your order if you knew half of it was unavailable/discontinued, right?
If it was major stuff that they should be tracking it would be a concern. But "billet" door lock knobs aren't something I'd get flustered about. And I can easily see how it's the sort of thing a performance-based company might overlook. Plus, the guy who handles the website probably doesn't have a clue what's being produced or not and the guy who takes items off the production schedule most likely doesn't rush to tell the site admin to make the changes. So I don't see a problem, just a company running with typical corporate efficiency.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Mustangs unlimited had that type of service
I wish they were back selling newer stuff again

There are a few places that don't even take the time to hear what your telling them
Or look and item up

That is good that the guy went out of his way to do that for you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online