This is what i am thinking of installing, Before i buy gimme your thoughts

S

silver 4.6

the bidding has ended on both items.. so i cant see exactly what you were trying to buy, update links please?

theory29zane

Reaction score
I seen after it goes to the trickflow link that you can click it right below in the other items looks good to me and the price is very good $107 thats cheap good deal and the tb is a great deal also order them!

Lee12609

Reaction score
good beginner mods, but dont expect to be blown away by the seat of the pants difference. your wallet will be lighter and your engine bay will look better, but together might be worth 10whp.

98coop

Reaction score
just port the stock elbow out. grind all that egr hump and casting edges out. It made a noticable difference with mine

OP
OP
R

remoc8116

Reaction score
Actually i do have this intake in my car...Intake was replaced with the newer version non-PI but aluminum coolant cross-over, Ford Intake.

Lee12609

Reaction score
remoc8116 said:
Actually i do have this intake in my car...Intake was replaced with the newer version non-PI but aluminum coolant cross-over, Ford Intake.

that intake is not a performance piece, just more durable coolant crossover tube.

OP
OP
R

remoc8116

Reaction score
Lee12609 said:
remoc8116 said:

that intake is not a performance piece, just more durable coolant crossover tube.

So by adding a trick flow Plenum and throttle body to this manifold is pretty much useless???

LI98GT

Reaction score
Well, comparing the NPI intake to the PI intake, the PI intake will generate more HP with it's design, so logically it would suit the better flowing plenum/tb combo. I have this setup today - PI intake, TF Plenum and Ford 70mm TB.

Now, here's a link to a C&L Plenum (very similiar to the TF one) where it shows that there was peak gains combined with an NPI intake, however this is the manufacturer, so take it as you may. IMO, I would expect to see ~5rwhp with the NPI intake, so if you set your expectations right, you can be happy with the upgrade, just don't expect too much other than some better throttle response and a few hp. I looks good under hood also.

NPI dyno test with Plenum.
http://www.cnlperformance.com/plenum09.html

Lee12609

Reaction score
remoc8116 said:
Lee12609 said:
remoc8116 said:

So by adding a trick flow Plenum and throttle body to this manifold is pretty much useless???

well, i hate to be the one that keeps saying it, but without ALOT of money and internal engine work, the ONLY way to make any noticeable difference on a 96-98 is boost or spray...

if you really want to make the car FEEL alot faster is gears....

pp_puncher

Reaction score
I just installed that same TB (ford racing) from UPR (billetdepot is the same), it's crazy b/c they are selling for $200+ anywhere else. I felt a very noticeable difference. I am looking for a plenum next.

Lee12609

Reaction score
you can get the 70mm throttle body at almost ANY junkyard.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online