This is why you don't buy a modified car...

Caboose302

Reaction score
This weekend I'm pulling the transmission just to see what kind of crank I have so THEN I can order a clutch. This is stupid. Even more time my car will be down and out.

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
or you just dont buy a modified car that you know nothing about. should have gotten info from previous owner/builder of car

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I have no problems wrenching on a mustang! At least your approach is right. It may require more wirk but youll get it done right!

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
or you just dont buy a modified car that you know nothing about. should have gotten info from previous owner/builder of car

Essentially the previous owner took the car to a shop and they installed a DSS shortblock. I even have the receipt for the block but they don't keep track of their records past 5 years so I don't know what crank is in it, or whether it's a 10.5" clutch or 11".

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've spent a lot of time and money fixing the previous owners' mods. Not knowing what you have is very frustrating.

Sent from bored/stroked HTC One

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
I have no problems wrenching on a mustang! At least your approach is right. It may require more wirk but youll get it done right!

I like working on my car. I just got sick of pulling transmissions. At my old job we were assigned whatever we were fastest at. Sadly for me that meant a lot of dashes, timing belts, intakes and transmissions. Pretty much everything I dread doing to this car, lol.

Sent from mah Obamafone

1bad9d5

Reaction score
depending on what the mods are.. as appealing as the car may seem because of them, I usually stay away... bought my 95 gt bone stock not a mod except rims and it was lowered a bit.. makes it much easier so everything done to it is your own opinion and want and not somebody elses

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
I bought it to help my buddy out. It was just sitting in his garage rotting away. I used to hate orange cars and I just wanted to flip it for a fox. Ended up liking it. A lot.
Usually I don't like to buy a car with so many mods but it's been incredibly reliable. Only reason I'm replacing the clutch is I have to replace the TOB and I don't want to pull the trans twice.

Sent from mah Obamafone

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Your situation sounds a lot like mine, only I just guessed and bought a clutch and dropped the trans and found out I had the wrong parts. In the end I ended up buying two clutches, a 10.5' and 11'' and two flywheels. What a headache.....

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
hurry up and get that ****er done so I can see what a fast two valve actually looks like!
Lol! It was quick until this new tune made it too rich. I have to take it back an lean it out a bit.

Your situation sounds a lot like mine, only I just guessed and bought a clutch and dropped the trans and found out I had the wrong parts. In the end I ended up buying two clutches, a 10.5' and 11'' and two flywheels. What a headache.....

I was thinking about doing that but I just don't have the funds right now. Plus it will give me a chance to get the flywheel turned while I order the clutch.

Sent from mah Obamafone

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
I have very strict rules on modded cars...80% of the time I don't.

The most I've bought in modded form was an O/R Midpipe.

RichV

Reaction score
Since when does a crank dictate the clutch???

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Its a sn95 to new edge switch over modular thang.

Hmm mm should be crank dictates what bolt flywheel. All the way up to mid 01 pretty sure was a 6 bolt. Of course the cobra had 8 bolt crank. Also think somewhere in there Romeo had 6 Windsor had 8

then the transmission dictates which spline clutch also and size.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online