this just turned into a lot more work..

StangerBanger

Reaction score
i was in the process of installing the injectors into the manifold when i heard a lot of cracking going on.. when i pulled the injectors back out of the manifold, most of the injector caps broke into tiny pieces and fell into the head runners.. i am a cylinder head machinist so i could just take the heads off and take them into work and do a valve grind/surface while im at it, that way im sure that all of the pieces are out, plus the heads will be fresh.. or i can try to modify a vacuum set up and try to suck all of the plastic out of the runners... any thoughts/ other suggestions? i cant decide if this is going to be worth all the extra work/ time that my car will be down..

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Its only plastic, fire that beast up and stand behind car with a catchers mit!!!! :)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Alot worse goes through the chamber and is ok...un-noticed. Probably will exit on initial startup.

Or you could pull both heads, freshen seats and deck the heads .070 ;). This will also open the opportunity to use 3v head gaskets

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
seems like a combination of compressed air and vacuum would get it all out. Were you pushing them dry or did you try to put a little oil on the o-ring?

OP
OP
S

StangerBanger

Reaction score
i had a little bit of grease on the o rings, but the plastic was super brittle.. oem injectors with 190k on them, theyve never been removed as far as i know.. im in the process of looking for some gt40 heads for a decent price, theyre getting more expensive these days. im also considering some decent aluminum heads. i figure that i might as well upgrade the heads if im going to take them off. anybody selling some heads?? haha

ranger56528

Reaction score
There's a few sets of heads on flebay for sale at good prices..Just bought a set of Alum ones myself.
Cast and Alum under 700.00 per pr.

OP
OP
S

StangerBanger

Reaction score
did you happen to put them on and run them yet? ive been on the fence about the aluminum ebay set myself. i talked to the owner of another machine shop here in Reno, he said that he has seen them installed on a few mustangs and they're pretty damn impressive. they're supposed to mimic trick flow castings, and they are pressure casts just like any other decent aftermarket aluminum head.. i really dont see a problem with them.. but there are many people who say to stay away from them. i really dont think you can go wrong, as long as youre not trying to make huge numbers with them.

ranger56528

Reaction score
did you happen to put them on and run them yet? ive been on the fence about the aluminum ebay set myself. i talked to the owner of another machine shop here in Reno, he said that he has seen them installed on a few mustangs and they're pretty damn impressive. they're supposed to mimic trick flow castings, and they are pressure casts just like any other decent aftermarket aluminum head.. i really dont see a problem with them.. but there are many people who say to stay away from them. i really dont think you can go wrong, as long as youre not trying to make huge numbers with them.

i read that years ago there were some bad ones going thru but the last few years they have been pretty good,I bought the set for 649.00 and will have them checked out before I put them on. I should have everything here by Friday so Saturday I can pull the top end off and put all the new on....I would post pics but have no clue how to do that on this iPad.

Dugzy33

Reaction score
i was in the process of installing the injectors into the manifold when i heard a lot of cracking going on.. when i pulled the injectors back out of the manifold, most of the injector caps broke into tiny pieces and fell into the head runners.. i am a cylinder head machinist so i could just take the heads off and take them into work and do a valve grind/surface while im at it, that way im sure that all of the pieces are out, plus the heads will be fresh.. or i can try to modify a vacuum set up and try to suck all of the plastic out of the runners... any thoughts/ other suggestions? i cant decide if this is going to be worth all the extra work/ time that my car will be down..

If your looking for a quick fix, buy these.

BWD - Fuel Injector Seal Kit

Part # 274081

I did this when doing my gt40 heads and intake just to be sure.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/BWD0/274081.oap?pt=02524&ppt=C0024

Doug

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I went around and around on what to do with heads but in the end decided that it probably was not he best place to save a few bucks in the long run with as long as I plan on keeping it.

OP
OP
S

StangerBanger

Reaction score
If your looking for a quick fix, buy these.

BWD - Fuel Injector Seal Kit

Part # 274081

I did this when doing my gt40 heads and intake just to be sure.

:thumbsup: going to get these for sure!

i think im just going to try to pick up a set of cast gt40s.. hopefully i can find set for cheap!

OP
OP
S

StangerBanger

Reaction score
i came up on a free set of GT40ps today!! going to do a full rebuild on them

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Alot worse goes through the chamber and is ok...un-noticed. Probably will exit on initial startup.

Or you could pull both heads, freshen seats and deck the heads .070 ;). This will also open the opportunity to use 3v head gaskets

I am curious to see this work with 3V head gaskets :evil:

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Yes yes yes.....I didnt realize this was the old people section (windsor 5.0l).

BASH ON

OP
OP
S

StangerBanger

Reaction score
so i just got my heads off, and now im sitting here looking at a near empty engine bay, and i am tempted more than ever before to just take the blockk out and do a rebuild on the bottom end. the plan is to run a turbo in the near future, so i want to get some nice forged pistons, some good rings and gap them for boost, new bearings, new cam, the whole bit.. i wont be able to drive my car for awhile, but i think itll be sooo worth it in the end. what do you guys think?

ranger56528

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat,just tore my 95 down to long block and trying to convince myself to go all the way but then but then again I plan on building a long block this winter,think I'll just put all new parts on tomorrow and wait hahaha what to do what to do,so close yet so far away.
When I pull the valve covers off tomorrow to replace them that look inside will tell me witch way to go,intake valley wasn't all that bad and I have a new set of heads waiting to go on but maybe I should hold off and use them on the build and just do intake,injectors,MAF and TB for now.
like I said it's a tuff decision to make,have the car or not have the car for awhile.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online