this month keeps getting beeter and better.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
This past month has rocked. I got a promotion at my job which doubled my salary at least. I've gotten alot of new goodies for the stang and now this. I picked up a 351 bare block bored .030 over and a forged rotating assembly from a guy I saw in the news paper today. he was asking 2000 for that which I thought was pretty reasonable since he had balance sheets and the machine work was done. I went there with 1400 cash which was savings pretty much. well I took my old work truck its a 86 bronco with a 3 inch lift and 35" it looks cool but needs tons of work. and he was like I'll trade ya straight up for your bronco........and I was like I dunno I like this truck he goes " plus 200 bucks" so yea I gotta take him the title tomorrow.

Downshift

Reaction score
LUCKY MOFO!!!! Damn you haha. That is awesome about the job but I am extremely jealous about the block man. I want to do the 351 swap myself I just posted a thread about it. I assume its a 351W not a clevland right? Anyway your putting it into the stang arnt you or is it a side project? Post some pics!

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
yea it's gonna go into the stang. most everything I have on the 306 will be used on the 351. Yea its a windsor. I've been reading alot into doing the swap and when I saw the ad today I jumped on it. I'll start putting the short block together this weekend. I just wanna make sure everything checks out. Rods and pistons all weigh in right and what not. I'll get some pics of the block here up soon.

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
most likely sell it for cheap. I'm not trying to make money but it's a good running motor but I'd like for someone to have it thats gonna do something great with it. it was built to be boosted or sprayed on no doubt

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Ok, well I'll definatly step first in line for it!!!

I got the topend done last spring I just need the shortblock.

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
haha first I wouldn't say ALL the luck just some lately. hard work plus oppurtunity thats it. I won't have numbers on it til this weekend actually but it'll probably be around 300 horses and 350 ft/lb with a tune. but thats all guessing I'm not sure. I know it's a rappy little motor and can be wound up to 6500 like a champ. since it's balanced and blue printed and forged it'll make for a good drag racer

Downshift

Reaction score
Sweet man let me know how the swap goes im hoping to do that in the next 7-8 months and i am real serious about it so ill be very interested in any info you can help me with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Staff online

Members online