This normal with the correct bellhousing?

familytruckster

Reaction score
Originally thought the car had been swapped to a fox setup. I measured and checked the casting # on the bellhousing, it's an SN95. So, is this normal?

IMAG0181.jpg

RichV

Reaction score
Could be a few other things, but it looks forward at least an inch. I can't find any pics of my 94 with the shifter boot off.

Take some pics of the bell and the tranny crossmember. Do you have a spacer on your driveshaft at the companion flange on the 8.8?

Addermk2

Reaction score
Take a picture of where the clutch fork is. The foxbodies had it at the 9 o'clock position. SN95's are at the 7 o'clock position.

OP
OP
F

familytruckster

Reaction score
It's got the correct bell. It's nearly 8" vs the 7" fox bell I have. It also has an F4 casting number. The fork is at the 7 o'clock position.

Just wondering if it was somewhat normal. I almost went and bought a new fox T5 for it yesterday, but decided to double check the bellhousing before dropping 1800 bucks.

OP
OP
F

familytruckster

Reaction score
Driveshaft looks fine. A spacer could fit, but there isn't that much clearance. Maybe an inch and a half from the tail housing to the flat part of the yoke. I put a new aluminum shaft in because the yoke on the stock one was completely shot. Which also made me think wrong trans.

rw95gt

Reaction score
Mine sits about like yours but its not that high up. I would hope nothing is pushing it up like that. Have you changed engine mounts or transmission mounts? My boot and rubber boot is off currently. I can get a picture for you if you want.

rw95gt

Reaction score

Mine. It is forward like yours but not pushed up. My guess is something is pushing the trans up or the engine is down and its pulling the tail up causing it to hit the tunnel opening. g/l.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
If it was a previous auto car it will look like that as well ... I took the hump off a manual car when I did my conversion

RichV

Reaction score
If it was a previous auto car it will look like that as well ... I took the hump off a manual car when I did my conversion

Youre right. Foxes were like this, the Auto cars, and it was more like some of them, had the shifter column hole a little lower.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Youre right. Foxes were like this, the Auto cars, and it was more like some of them, had the shifter column hole a little lower.

Yea yea I've done my fair share of conversions . On fox's I usually bust out the tin snips open it up a bit and drill new holes for the clips for the lower rubber boot ... With out the raised shifter hump though it's bascually ontop of the shifter ... The more I look at the top pic I'm certain it's a conversion car ...

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Can't you check the vin or the door tag for the factory trans?

Or just run the vin ... From the pics thoug that's clearly a auto conversion car ... If anything was pushing the trans up that far the car would be buckled and all sorts of twisted .

chris91

Reaction score
Other than it being far up doesnt it look cockeyed? One bolt looks closer to the front of the car than the other. If that was the case though you would definitely see the engine cockeyed.

OP
OP
F

familytruckster

Reaction score
Car has new stock replacement engine and trans mounts, yes, it does look a little crooked, towards the passenger side.

Here's the ID plate info, I think that means it's a factory manual trans car.
Body GT2
INT TRIM 6J
R M
AX Z
TR 5HC55

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I bought my car I was told it was an auto so this makes more sense now. I've always wondered why mine is like this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online