this sponsorship stuff ain't too bad

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
A while back I said I got an email saying my vehicle was accepted as a sponsored vehicle and today I finally get to take advantage of it. Once I get the parts on the car and take a few pics they will show it on their web site. I am sure people are curious no they parts were not for free but at a healthy discount.
IMG_20160415_145615160.jpg

The fan shroud is semi-polished but the rest of my tanks around the rad are black so I am going to get this powdered to match.
IMG_20160415_151020.jpg

They do not make a pre-made kit for the 94/5 mustang Gt for an oil cooler so I am going to make one fit.
IMG_20160415_150317746.jpg

I have to say that their stuff is not the cheapest but it could be the nicest. All the fittings already had teflon tape wrapped around them and the packing as well was all top notch with the thermostatic oil cooler fitting coming in its own tin.

The weather just got nice enough to paint, my health has not been too bad so I am trying to get the garage ready for it. At the same time I had a business opportunity open up and now I have 500 business cards on the way and got a laptop/cloud drive to back everything up and got the LLC paperwork/accounts, scheduled a tax consultation, trying to make a logo.... Shtuff got real real fast and dang just when its nice out...

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Nice, happy to hear this Scott! Cant wait to see the car back on the roads.

CobraClone94

Reaction score
When i figure it out, You'll be the first to know.
A while back I said I got an email saying my vehicle was accepted as a sponsored vehicle and today I finally get to take advantage of it. Once I get the parts on the car and take a few pics they will show it on their web site. I am sure people are curious no they parts were not for free but at a healthy discount.
IMG_20160415_145615160.jpg

The fan shroud is semi-polished but the rest of my tanks around the rad are black so I am going to get this powdered to match.
IMG_20160415_151020.jpg

They do not make a pre-made kit for the 94/5 mustang Gt for an oil cooler so I am going to make one fit.
IMG_20160415_150317746.jpg

I have to say that their stuff is not the cheapest but it could be the nicest. All the fittings already had teflon tape wrapped around them and the packing as well was all top notch with the thermostatic oil cooler fitting coming in its own tin.

The weather just got nice enough to paint, my health has not been too bad so I am trying to get the garage ready for it. At the same time I had a business opportunity open up and now I have 500 business cards on the way and got a laptop/cloud drive to back everything up and got the LLC paperwork/accounts, scheduled a tax consultation, trying to make a logo.... Shtuff got real real fast and dang just when its nice out...

Gratz Bro,

Let me know if you need someone to bounce logo feedback off, I'd be happy to help :)

Don

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am sure that with budget often being the biggest deciding factor in what we buy for our cars we have all got to that point when we wondered, "what is the difference?". I can find other parts on ebay that do the same job for much less. How much better can Mishimoto be over the no-named ebay brand?! I finally dug into the gear a little bit and was very happy to notice the difference.
IMG_20160424_005104.jpg

first the hose... Dangit I am wondering if I will need to upgrade my other hoses now as the two in this kit are awesome and absolutely premium from end to end. The ANL connectors all feature their logo but beyond that are not cheap connectors. I tried looking to see if there was another brand on them but I can't, I am also happy to say the black/aluminum ends will match the ends I already have :) . The oil cooler itself is a very sturdy/solid design as well as the mount that comes with it. The mount is gusseted on the ends and the fasteners are even stainless and have the nylon locking nuts to ensure they stay in place. The catch can has the mishimoto logo nicely machined on the top, and the drain plug on the bottom is even magnatized. Anyone know why there is a magnet on the bottom of an oil catch can? I am still looking forward to dropping off the radiator shroud for powder hopefully this week and if I can get some color on the car before my next chrones blow up I am looking forward to installing this sweet gear.
So in the end as to why pay the extra for the premium product? In the words of Ferris Bueler, "If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up."

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When did Mishimoto become a premium brand? I always considered them a half decent, step above eBay, American Muscle type company. The quality doesn't look bad in your pics though.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When did Mishimoto become a premium brand? I always considered them a half decent, step above eBay, American Muscle type company. The quality doesn't look bad in your pics though.

I thought they were a premium brand from the feedback in the mustang community.
The import guys seem to really dislike it, like you said a step above ebay... Looks like a decent product to me though?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
honestly every bit of this gear has been top notch from the packing up. I am sure we have all got ebay gear that was just lucky to make the shipping intact this stuff was very well packed and now that I am looking more and more into it, it really is some nice stuff. Lifetime warranty as well.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Got a chance to put it in today and it could not have been easier considering it was a kit made for a fox body. Only took a minor modification to the mounting plate that only took a second and then it all bolted right up.
IMG_20160426_155059476_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160426_200455716.jpg

Again the quality on all of this really impressed me. The video showed just straight AN fittings but this one had banjo bolts and upgraded ends as well. I have some isolators coming later this week to help me keep the lines in place but otherwise it all looks as nice as I hoped.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
for some reason all this stuff has got me reinvigorated me to get the motor together. I have been working on the paint areas that have been preventing it and today I would have slapped the super charger side back on while trying to finish the last spot in primer on the body. After that I want to take a pic with out the ac condenser in the way so the radiator and the oil cooler are showing just for fun.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was disappointed that I HAD to stop working to take care of some business crap that ended up being a whole lot more running around then I wanted. I was looking forward to slapping the supercharger on which in case you forgot, will be fun.
9174501407339706-c790a62d7a.jpg

I also hope to pick up the freshly powdered Mishimoto Automotive Fan shroud so I can put it and the tanks back on. I have been looking forward to seeing my meth tank/rad mount installed, its almost time....

KidK9

Reaction score
I'm running a Mishimoto radiator in my blown 333. Works perfectly. No leaking. I'd consider it top-quality.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Are you still thinking of getting the meth tank airbrushed?

I am torn. I found a guy locally that can do the art work and on the other hand I really like the clean gloss black and I also want to see if the stock rad cover I am going to use will cover it. I would really like to make a mold of the rad cover so I can copy it in CF but might just settle for skinning. That would all be after finishing the diffuser of course as its much further along and I need to finish it to hand the gas tank

I love the shine on that supercharger.

I do too and with the intake/super charger polished they will pop on all the gloss black/black parts. Unfortunately today my chrones stepped in and said I could not go out and play. Go figure the powder shop just called and the fan shroud is done now too..... I swear it knows when I have things planned I am looking forward to...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx