Thoughts and opinions?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
My main concern would be sucking water into the turbo.. Looks like a fun project though!!

OP
OP
Milehigh JDF

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
Yeah that was my thought as well. If only I had a cheap ass Civic to drive, this decision would be a no brained then

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
if it has been 'popping up every couple of months' there is a reason why. normally its because its a piece of shit

OP
OP
Milehigh JDF

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
if it has been 'popping up every couple of months' there is a reason why. normally its because its a piece of shit

You know, I've never really thought of it that way. He's dropped a grand off original asking price say maybe I'll continue watching it. I'm in no rush at all

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The Bad:

I'm sure there are some things that I'm missing or can't think of off the top off my head

That statement alone tells me to run very far away. That's such bullshit. I can name every single little issue wrong with my car without even having to think twice. This guy did most of the work on his car himself iirc. He knows the issues, he just doesn't want to own up to them.

Also, I kinda wanted 6 spoke rims but this car has me thinking otherwise.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Probably lost interest due to insufficient funds for replacement parts. Sounds like a cool project but you would probably end up dumping some serious cash into that thing

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Clean and tasteful GTs go for that in my area, I wouldn't expect a well running turbo'd one to stick around very long at that price if everything was right. I'm also not a big fan of buying hidden projects like that.

It's either buy a shell and build it yourself, or buy something in great working condition and use that as your starting point. I just don't like having to find out all the quirks a month into already owning it.

OP
OP
Milehigh JDF

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
You guys all bring up some pretty valid points, thanks for the insight everyone! I think I'll keep an eye on it and see if it keeps dropping in price.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Honestly its a crappy car, I'd stay away. Just going to turn into a money sucking leech with 4 wheels

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If I'm correct you'd be buying this car as a DD?
Then definitely no.

Don't buy someone's project as a DD. When you deal with swaps and forced inductions there will be constant bugs! Its a project car and always will be.

Go buy a mustang that's fairly stock and cheap. Buy a civic (or other cheap car) that you can beat around with the left over money. Mod the mustang.

OP
OP
Milehigh JDF

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
If I'm correct you'd be buying this car as a DD?
Then definitely no.

Don't buy someone's project as a DD. When you deal with swaps and forced inductions there will be constant bugs! Its a project car and always will be.

Go buy a mustang that's fairly stock and cheap. Buy a civic (or other cheap car) that you can beat around with the left over money. Mod the mustang.

Yeah if I got it the car would be a DD. Cars like this always tempt me mostly because my car feels slow and I see this as being the easy "cheap" way of getting a fast car. Thankfully I haven't acted upon every whim or fancy I get or else I would be in a bad way right now. Long term plan is to DD the Mustang and then eventually buy a C5 Z06 to be a track whore

martinbaca18

Reaction score
Test drive it and see how it feels like. And where it's leaking oil. And a clutch from americanmuscle.com aren't that expensive. You can even take it to a trusted mechanic to look at it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rallim

Reaction score
That statement alone tells me to run very far away. That's such bullshit. I can name every single little issue wrong with my car without even having to think twice. This guy did most of the work on his car himself iirc. He knows the issues, he just doesn't want to own up to them.

Also, I kinda wanted 6 spoke rims but this car has me thinking otherwise.

I was thinking about something in this style, but I now don't want as well.

I'd buy it for the price, STS makes a hell of a kit, and its already 4v swapped. Even if its got issues thats the cheapest 500hp car you're going to find anywhere anytime soon. Seems like just little things need to be finished up, I'd be willing to do it for that price. Hell, if I had the money I'd almost be willing to go buy it and drive it back here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online